network admin - job opening at my office

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
One of our network guys has resigned effective the last day of the year, so we have an opening for jan 1st, 2007.

mid-level/career, 3-5 years expr managing windows-based networks. This is not a phone position, but rather a person who goes out and maintains our clients infrastructure as well as our internal systems.
must be fluent with cisco, (esp. pix), cabling, security, and so forth.

mileage and expense reports for phone, etc provided, but you need your own car with proper insurance. full health ins/benes, 401k 2% matching after 6 months, no dental though :(.

2-3 days a week local travel to client sites, 2-3 days a week in office.
I have no idea what they are paying. that is up to you to negotiate.

in/around/about stratford CT (some clients in stamford, milford, nyc, etc)

contact me if you're interested, and i'll get you in touch with my boss.

While I can more than assume the job will pay over 50, I can't promise a salary.... I have no idea what they are offering.

but, you're not qualified anyway. sorry.

potential person will need to be fluent in setting up cisco routers and pix firewalls both locally, at client sites, and establishing vpn's between the two among other things.

I'd be perfect for the job if I only had experience with cisco and pix, not that I can't set up a firewall/vpn or a router, just not those types, figures, I could use the increase in pay, got a descent raise this year but still $50k would be sweet. maybe I should go to cisco school

Is the office west of your place? My friend is a HUGE PC geek and works as a network admin already. He's looking to move to my area, CT is about 1 1/2hrs, if this place is by the border he may be interested. He needs to make like 60K though he said.

i have good experience with VPN through netopias.

time to beat up the boss about cisco training :)

stratford is about an hour south of where you got the neon from. its next to bridgeport right off i95. google map it up y0

Back