never use Amazon Super Saver shipping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ordered a 2x2 cue case from Amazon for the break cue and playing cue.. chose Super Saver Shipping since it was free... what should have been 2 days by UPS turned into like 6 days because they shipped it around the country first.. lol .. gotta love the Weather Delay in CA when its like 80 degrees out.. called UPS CS yesterday and they said there was no delays in Ontario

April 16, 2013 05:32:00 AM Bakersfield CA US Out for delivery
April 16, 2013 04:39:00 AM Bakersfield CA US Arrival Scan
April 16, 2013 02:31:00 AM Sylmar CA US Departure Scan
April 15, 2013 11:41:00 PM Sylmar CA US Arrival Scan
April 15, 2013 10:28:00 PM Ontario CA US Departure Scan
April 15, 2013 12:26:00 AM Ontario CA US Arrival Scan
April 14, 2013 10:00:00 PM Ontario CA US Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
April 13, 2013 09:38:00 AM Des Moines IA US Departure Scan
April 13, 2013 09:16:00 AM Des Moines IA US Arrival Scan
April 13, 2013 01:08:00 AM Louisville KY US Departure Scan
April 12, 2013 11:29:00 AM Louisville KY US Arrival Scan
April 12, 2013 07:09:00 AM Albuquerque NM US Departure Scan
April 12, 2013 06:10:00 AM Albuquerque NM US Arrival Scan
April 12, 2013 04:15:00 AM Phoenix AZ US Departure Scan
April 11, 2013 07:56:00 PM Phoenix AZ US Shipment received by carrier
April 11, 2013 06:23:11 PM Phoenix AZ US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

I've probably ordered around 40-50 items on Amazon in the last few years and I've NEVER had a problem. I've had prime now for a year and I love it.

was it shipped from amazon, or a re-seller with a store?

I got prime. its worth the 75 bucks. we watch a few tv shows on it that aren't on Netflix anyway, and the free (sometimes) books are nice to have too on the e reader.... got a lot of gardening/etc books that i'd never buy that way.

at least the case got a vacation/road trip out of your cheapness

lol... its just funny how it should have went straight from AZ to CA but no, even though it costs them more gas to deliver my item they want to make sure i get it as slow as possible.. lol

There probably isn't a direct route. it goes where the truck goes.

Or, some min wage dude put it on the wrong truck.

I use it ever time its available. I've never had an issue. I actually do steer clear of most products not sold by amazon when i can though. Those are the only things I've ever had shipping issues with. I'll even pay a few bucks more to get one from amazon rather than a 3rd party.

this was from the Amazon store.. i've had stuff shipped from AZ before and it took 2 days w/ UPS

I've noticed the super saver shipping isn't what it use to be. I buy stuff from amazon all the time, like every other week. Super saver shipping use to say 5-10 days but show up in 2-3 says, Now it takes at least 7 days.

I think it's just a matter or wanting more people to go prime as with not use free shipping since cost have gone up a lot over the years.

Although in this case, it seems like UPS had a screw up or as B said, no direct truck.

i had the prime trial since it was free for 30 days.. used it once for what i needed at the time and that was it..

anyways.. got the cue case today.. funny thing is the label on the box says "2nd Day Air"

I ordered some stuff for the dog with shipping like the supersaver from Dr. Foster and Smith. The shit took like two weeks to come. I have gotten stuff from Amazon vendors with the superslow shipping and stuff that should have been a day was like 7.
I have had prime for 3 years and love it. I split the costs of it with family members so its worth it. You can have 4 people on 1 account.

Fastest shipping I had was from woot/amazon

Ordered some books on woot sometime after 12am before the next item kicked in so around 12:45am.
Got an email around 1pm saying my items from woot have shipped
Got home and it was at the door.

Label said from Texas....

I logged into woot to make sure I didn't select next day shipping... Nope, basic $5 shipping.

fastest i've ever gotten anything was recently when i got a k&n drop-in for the 4runner.. ordered it one day and got it 15hrs later via FedEx.. only time that ever happens is if its shipped within CA

I'm too Asian to pay $75

what happened to you? damn whitey.

I had kids. :p Once you start wanting obscure kid stuff that's not in the stores, Amazon is your friend. Plus next day delivery for car parts that you also can't find in the local stores for only $4 is totally awesome.

I ordered some stuff for the dog with shipping like the supersaver from Dr. Foster and Smith. The shit took like two weeks to come. I have gotten stuff from Amazon vendors with the superslow shipping and stuff that should have been a day was like 7.
I have had prime for 3 years and love it. I split the costs of it with family members so its worth it. You can have 4 people on 1 account.

You can have 5 including yourself.

i think some of the fastest shipping ive received, was either something from mcmaster (routinely VERY fast, i'll get the package before it even hits my credit card)

or

when i bought the GSR head from B like 7 years ago. he dropped it off at DHL in the evening, and i had it in my hands by noon the next day. from CT to MD.

TireRack.com still wins the shipping race for me.

boughts snows for my 2.5rs.
their wheels.
their tires.

they needed to be mounted, balanced, shipped from Delaware (at the time) to me.

I ordered at 2am roughly. They were at my door at 3pm.

13 hours to process my order, mount the tire choice to my wheels, make the early morning truck out the door to get to ct local fed ex office before the 7am departure to get to my door.

absurd.

Back