New $800 Beater Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
IMG_20130310_192458.jpg

Couldn't turn it down for that price.

Goods: Runs solid. No mechanical problems, only about 120k miles on it. Acura rims. Decent exhaust.

Bad: Typical minor cosmetic damage for 20 year old car (definitely needs a paintjob), needs new hood, targa top, and rear window motor (window is stuck in down position). Anyone have experience replacing these?

Oh and it's Automatic :(

Other than that - should be a fun beater, especially with it starting to get warmer. Probably just drive it until it dies.

Last edited:
those are acura rims?

i'm still looking for the decent exhaust :X that thing is a grapefruit shooter. lol

the rear window is actually really easy to get to. just have to pop off a bunch of interior trim pieces.

nice grab for 800 bones.

is it an s or si?

It's an S model

The rims have the Acura emblem on them, not sure if they are real or not. Exhaust is loud and kind of on the ricey side but I'm not going to worry about swapping it.

Yeah I'll have to check out the rear window motor, I'll probably change all the weatherstripping too while I'm back there changing the motor out.

nice, much better condition than my old $500 sol.
that thing was rough. lol.

get new weather stripping for the targa top too. those will start leaking like a sieve.
with mine, it was almost no different than driving with the top off while raining. lol.

lol the targa seals alone are about $800.goodluck with that.but for the price,you did pretty good.

I almost picked up an Sol last week for $900. Thing actually looked real nice, but had over 300k on it. Guy bought it an hour before I was suppose to look at it.

center caps can be stuffed in to many wheels. look slike that's what happened here. those look like tenzoR wheels from like 2000.

to seals are a pain. and expensive.

you can use some rubber cement to 'patch' the leaky corners.

Back