New acura

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

More honda news....

s1000.jpg

If that S1000 were RWD, I'd seriously consider it. Fuckin' pussy ass FWD... christ...

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 20 2003, 08:31 PM
a 1 liter engine?? :wtf:

120 HP in a 2000 lb. car. Think CRX Si with bolt ons... Nothing spectacular, but fun to drive.

new acura - wack ugly.
s1k - be sick as fuck if it's swapable. there needs to be another crx. all the new cars are crazy big 'n heavy. :thumbsdown: .

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 20 2003, 09:35 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@Aug 20 2003, 08:31 PM
a 1 liter engine?? :wtf:

120 HP in a 2000 lb. car. Think CRX Si with bolt ons... Nothing spectacular, but fun to drive.

exactly. Also, They could also bring a SI or R version too, bump displacement up to 1200-1400 cc drop the weight a little more (who needs power windows, sound deding material) and pump out 140-160 hp. Honda North america needs this. The only car that is still some what small is the Insight and the S2k. The s2k is bigger then the sol or crx, total diffrent ball game (more for the M roadster or z3 crowd). The Smallest version of the civic is bigger then the biggest version of the Accord 15 years ago. Honda is getting more and more boring. The new SI is a tank, the RSX price is too high for the entry level sport compact car that the integra was. Basicly honda is lacking a sport compact car. Also, look at the Lotus elispe (sp?) it comes with a tiny 120hp engine however it will take s2k's and many other cars that have numbers twices its size. It could be like a new del Sol. Honda already said that they are probally going to introduce a new CRX but from scketchs that I have seen, the car is going to be heavy, big, bulky, no fun. As long as they keep the prices down. Sub 20k? Yes please.

Toyota is trying to target the fresh out of college group with the Scicon brand, Honda needs to do the same. Honda should bring out a total new brand, say Smanda (like honda, but smaller) I have read a few articles and Honda is trying to do this but they are going in the wrong direction. They want to make a mid size (or what ever sagment the ranger is in) truck (b posted pics of it) and also a half SUV, half pick up truck (basicly a 4 door mid size truck). They are totally nagating there entire roots.

ill put that 1.0 @120hp in my RC boat zzzooooooom

lighter than the crx

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Aug 20 2003, 10:04 PM
Fugly, looks like a smal tarus

There are a few other K-cars that look like this.

I've thought about this a lot recently. I miss owning a Honda. I miss working on them. But compared to the AllTrac, Honda has never made a car in my price range that excites me like the AllTrac does.

Honda shouldn't come up with a new moniker. It already has Acura. As for the Scion thing, what the fuck ever, Toyota...

Anyway... Keep the big 'ole H on the hood. If it's a decent car, I want everyone to know that yes, it's a HONDA, and I'm damn proud of it!

The key to success. First we have to look at what's available and popular now. Seems like the '92- '00 Civic/ Integra is the most modified platform out there. Great. While the B series aren't being produced anymore, they are still making them for replacement engines and parts, and will continue to do so for quite some time. Let's make a car that would accept a B series engine. I'm not saying put B's back into production, but produce a new engine that has the same mounting points as a B (bell housing, engine mounts). Or hell, bring back the B! Christ, why not? So what if the design is pushing 14 years old; it's still a hell of an engine.

So we've got a car that'll accept just about any bolt on and internal part out there, and gives you an engine choice from a 130 HP B18A all the way up to a 195HP B18C5. What's next?

Driveline! FWD doesn't cut it for me anymore, and if you've driven RWD or AWD, you'll laugh at anyone that uses FWD and "fun" in the same sentence. Let's make the car RWD with a five or optional six speed box with some ratios that really ARE geared towards performnace. Hey, we've got an S2K box that's already RWD and in production; why not just cast a different bell housing to fit it to the B series block? And an S2K rear end and suspension would be great.

What about the front suspension? Here's where you guys are going to hate me. I say use McStruts. Why? Well, we're keeping the cost down here, so that's one reason. Another is space. And weight! You can cut the unsprung weight in half using McStruts! And really- they're not that bad for handling if you set them up right. Porsche, WRXs, AllTracs, MR2s, and quite a few other very well handling cars use MacPherson struts front and rear.

How big should the car be and what kinda layout? I say two models. One is a coupe sized similar to the 5G Civic coupes, and another is a convertible with a removable hard top that's about the size of a Miata. Both have the same driveline and suspension options. Weight is a very important factor here, so it should be kept below 2300 lbs for the convertible and 2500 for the coupe. In both models, the engine should be at least 75% behind the front axle with an effort for a 50/ 50 weight bias.

Interior- Functional, yet comfortable. Spare no expense on the ergonomics and "feel" of the shifter, pedals, and steering wheel. No bullshit, but livable.

OEM aftermarket support. Why the hell Honda doesn't do this is beyond me, because they'd make a KILLING if they could market an add on turbo kit that won't void your warranty. How's about that? Three stages of turbo kits that won't void your warranty with a big 'ole H right on the compressor housing. Honda adjustable suspension bits made by Tein. Honda performance wheels made by Rota. Honda big brake upgrade made by Wilwood.

And make the car come in no more than $23,000 out the door. Sure, it costs more than an SRT-4 Neon, but it's a Honda and uses parts bin- sourced parts, so you KNOW it's going to last. And since it's a parts bin car, it's something you're familiar with and everything that's already on the market will fit the car.

Originally posted by silver@Aug 20 2003, 11:27 PM
it reminds me of a miata

Yeah, a pussy gay ass car for women. :)

if they did half the shit Ji just said, and made it RWD i'd fucking rock that shit even if it was a gay ass car for women

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 20 2003, 11:31 PM
Go drive a Miata through some turns and then tell me how pussy gay ass womens car they are.

My best friend has a miata with CAI, exhaust, header, and advanced his timing and its still slow as piss. Yeah, it can out handle any car out there on the market, but in my mind its still considered a bitch's car. Everyone in my group of friends gives him shit even though its a nice looking car.

Back