New ad methods

ads

• old way was better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ads suck (then paypal me money :

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If it gets you more money, then have at it. I personally prefer the older method.

But at the same time, You ain't seein no check every month with First Trust of Celerity on it.

-> Steve

ya i voted the old day was better but if it makes mo dough than have at it

fact is, we're barely breaking even. my goal is that this style will attract mroe potential advertisers.

IGNORE the google stuff. im not sure im keeping that up top. i put it there to see if the words are targeted better than at the bottom for a couple days. it will be moved back to the bottom. just testing... nothing to see here, carry on.

AS for it being intrusive-

how worse is it than some one throwing up :lol: as their post?

and dennis, give me till tomorrow, and you'lre going to wish you never posted that screen shot :D

Oh, well, that's different... I was under the impression that you were still making a couple hundred a month from this. Leave them, then. This site shouldn't cost you a dime.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2004, 11:19 PM
and dennis, give me till tomorrow, and you'lre going to wish you never posted that screen shot :D

:ban: :lol:

I am just going to have to get used to it, however, I do think that then they are actually in the text that I am reading through, I notice them more. Most of the time, I dont even notice them

Doesn't bother me. :thumbsup: Hopefully you can make more money from the sponsors this way and then mabey if you wanted more things could happen for the site.
*cough*t-shirts*cough* :D That would be cool.
(I know its been discussed before, and you've looked into it before, but with more sponsor $$ and member enthusiasim, it could happen.)

honestly, i could care less. whichever makes more money for you, cause i'll ignore them either way. :)

It's annoying, but I can handle it. It'll definitely bring more advertisers in if they know their banners will be run in line with the threads.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jun 22 2004, 08:45 PM
Cool deal, but I'll never seem em. won't say how I did it cause I know you need the ad dollars.

That's all I see now

Oh Dennis- that's easy. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 23 2004, 12:44 AM
It's annoying, but I can handle it. It'll definitely bring more advertisers in if they know their banners will be run in line with the threads.

:withstupid:

my thing is i kinda like the idea of the ad bot.. esp running a honda board as well [shamless]www.civicland.com[/shamless]

but the thing that pisses me off is the pop up window when i come on the board.. i was told it's a every 10th logon or somethign like that (can't remember) but i get it every time annoys the hell outta me and i have a popup blocker not sure why it's getting through.

i say keep the ad bot and to all the people that bitch... would you rather pay subscriptions? didn't think so

Eric- it's shamEless, not shamless. :p

You're using the wrong kind of popup blocker then. :) The pop-under shows up once per day per system. If you're blocking cookies, it'll come up every time.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 23 2004, 11:27 AM

thanks webster ;)

i dunno man i use google's toolbar.. blocks everything else in the world of pop ups.. either way it's still lame

I agree with Havoc, the face makes me want to punch something, other thna that, whatever, doesn't affect me one way or the other.

Did I mention, I found a MINT 95 CX with my old VX motor in it for for dirt fuckin' cheap :p

Originally posted by mdlax1+Jun 23 2004, 12:10 PM-->
@Jun 23 2004, 11:27 AM

thanks webster ;)

i dunno man i use google's toolbar.. blocks everything else in the world of pop ups.. either way it's still lame

:p

The Google bar isn't that great for blocking popups, and it just takes up space in my browser that I could be using for web page real estate.

I don't think I would mind it, it isn't like those sites that you click on one thing and two windows pop up, click off those and two more spawn out of those. I don't pay a dime for the help I get at this site, if Brian is going to get a few bucks out of it for the time he puts in, then I am all for it. The adbot isn't that annoying, scroll down so you don't have to look at it, its not that bad too me. Its not like radio or tv where you have to watch or listen to it unless you change the channel.

Back