New Air Intake Manifold, now throwing codes!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recently installed my new STR Intake manifold on my JDM ODB0 b16 which is in my 91 civic hatch. This

manifold had only one nipple for collant lines where my stock one had two so I had to do some strange

things with my coolant lines. Since I was forced to do some strange things I decided to go ahead and bypass

every bit of coolant going through my Air intake manifold to cut down on air intake temp. and my car is

running fine with everything hooked up how i have it. When I got it all running I noticed that it was throwing

codes 14 and 6. 6 is (Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor) and 14 is (Idle Air Control Valve). I dont know

why this manifold would affect my coolant temp sensor but it was not throwing any codes before i did this. I

wanted to know if there was any way that i could make code 14 stop while still bypassing my IACV like

some way to fool it into thinking its working fine. I would also like to know exactly what what my engine

coolant temp sensor does. I think it controls my fan? If anyone has any information or had an STR intake

manifold ,which is about the same as a venom, and has gone through some of the same problems with it I

would appreciate the help.

Alright I have code 6 fixed now. It really helps to plug the sensor in. :p Now I just need to figure out how to trick my ecu into thinking my iavc is working when there is no Coolant running through it.

Yep you were right I had some plugs in the wrong place! I didn't realize that every single plug except for my TPS were all the same no matter the color. Thanks for all the help

Back