New Azenis review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

The car: 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4
Tire size: 225-40/18
Suspension mods: Eibach prokit springs, Hotchkis front and rear swaybar

Good god. These tires GRIP! On ramp that goes in a 360 turn with my old azenis (205-50/15) at 55mph have nothing on this (at 55 tires did squeel a little). 50mph is pushing it on this turn, we easily did 65mph +/- one or two mph. No tire squeel, easily could of gone a bit harder. The sidewalls are stiff as hell, no tire roll/push just tons of grip around the turn. In the rain the tires are tons better compared to the old ones, thanks to the grooves, and they dont seem to take any grip away when its dry.

We got to compare these tires to another SRT-4 with 215-45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE040's on it. Avg difference of speed was about 2mph, using the bridgestones...but these are near $200 (a piece) tires we're talkin about here.

Overall these tires grip and when you think they wont, they just grip harder. The only bad things i guess is the fact that they are so stiff that its very noticable when going over a bump (but who cares, stiff is good). Great tire. :worthy: :worthy:

Add your experiences as well!!! :D

Good to hear, I'll probably be ordering some for the CRX sometime soon. Anyone have any ideas on how long they last compared to the previous Azenis?

i'll be picking up a set for the sti once these potenzas are shot... which shouldn't be long. i have 2k miles on the car- pure street driving-, and they have noticable wear on the shoulder blocks.

God DAMNIT. I just saw that they went UP in price. Thats not a good sign. I'm bummed, I dont know if I can afford $400 for tires :(

Vucantire rased the price from $70 to $80. I know its only $40...but this shit just keeps adding up and I'm going to run out of cash soon....I dont have a job :(

get a job you lazy ass :p you can't play for free...

I know, I was going to get one...but the people that were hiring me backed out for this summer, so I got kinda fucked. I"m sure I'll get a job somewhere eventually this summer. And I'll probably just say fuck it and buy the 615's anyway :)

Back