NEW b16 NO SPARK HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

:huh: I just bought a b16 and did all the bs to install it. Now the problem is it doesnt get any spark. It is getting power to the coil and outta the coil but thats it. No spark plug holes on the distributor cap get any spark. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I just bought the engine so I doubt its the distributor or is it? Im not sure if i should check my wiring or what. HELP HELP

Take a screwdriver with a good rubber or wood handle, definetly not metal or plastic. Ok, now stick the end of the screwdriver in the distibuter holes(wire holes) and have someone try to start the car, then slowly pull the screwdriver out of the dist. and see if there is any arc.(blue spark) It's best to do this inside a garage with the lights off or at night. For extra safety I suggest wearing rubber gloves. Even if it does shock you it won't do much harm.(known by experience) hope this helps. A dist can go bad anytime, all those tiny parts in their can easily get screwed up.

just get a new disributor. they have them on ebay for like 250. that will solve everything and you will know what you have. cuz right now you dont know if it was replaced, how many miles.....blah blah blah. easy fix

Yeah.. its a smart idea to stick a screw driver in the distributor. Just take one of the plug wires, preferably the #1 cylinder wire and hold a screw driver in it. Hell..hold the screw driver in ur hand while someone starts it. If u feel a tiny shock its not the distributor. If u dont feel anything there is ur problem. But try replacing the ignitor unit inside the distributor because often that is the problem not the whole distributor!

ya know it's often hard to see the spark when you run it through the wire. That's why I told him to do that. Did I say anything about jamming the screwdriver up the dist. ass? Don't play me for a fool... fool.

Back