Votes: 0 0.0%
  • suzuki gsxr600

• yamaha yzf r6

• none of the ab

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the new 04 R6 is a totally differnt bike than the 01's that you are all talking about.
i suggest you go to a bike shop and look at it before you compare it to an old one.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Feb 12 2004, 12:22 AM
BTW... your asking about bikes on a honda car forum! Thats your first mistake.. www.stuntlife.com they have good forums those guys will let you know whats up! And they actually ride.. they arent the guys who know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who rides a motorcycle!

great idea get advice from a bunch of squids :roll:

Originally posted by Accordturbo94+Feb 12 2004, 12:21 AM-->
mattcalica
@Feb 11 2004, 06:50 PM
thanks for all the replies...I rode my friends r6, and yah, locohonky is right because i did not like that riding position...have any of you had experience with the interceptor? I've been reading up on it, and it sounds like a nice bike.

you really must not know what your looking for! Thats a totally diffrent style bike.. Just get a Vespa 125cc scooter. They do 80 or so... thats fast enough for you!

Must you really be a dickhead? He's asking for advice here because, well there are some serious bike enthusiasts who know what they're talking about on this board.

This comment leads me to believe you don't know what you're talking about...or simply don't care to answer the question he wants to know about.

Parts person extrordinaire or not, if you aren't going to answer the question he asked, just sit back and enjoy the thread.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....GSXR!!!!!!!!!!!! IMO there is no other way to go if you want a good all around bike!

I asked about this on hondaswap because this is one of the few forums i trust for good information...i know most people on here also have other hobbies besides cars, many of them have owned or own a bike, so that is why i am asking. I think i have it narrowed down between an R6 and CBR...thanks jeffie for clearing up about the interceptor valve checks, because i forgot that you have to do those like every 6000 miles on a bike, and i guess having vtec would complicate it too much...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2004, 12:33 AM
the new 04 R6 is a totally differnt bike than the 01's that you are all talking about.
i suggest you go to a bike shop and look at it before you compare it to an old one.

Is that what they are telling you too? They changed the trannys? lol

As for my advice it makes perfect sense.... The 600 are not a 800! If you hadnt figured out the interceptor is 781cc! The 600s are a sport bike not a touring style. That would be like comparing a integra to a porche. What do you want a balanced bike to be?? all motorcyles have two wheels and a motor! You have to be more specific... :owned:

As for stuntlife people being squids... maybe its the dicks like you who make more and more people hate the import scene!

Originally posted by mattcalica@Feb 12 2004, 12:57 AM
I asked about this on hondaswap because this is one of the few forums i trust for good information...i know most people on here also have other hobbies besides cars, many of them have owned or own a bike, so that is why i am asking. I think i have it narrowed down between an R6 and CBR...thanks jeffie for clearing up about the interceptor valve checks, because i forgot that you have to do those like every 6000 miles on a bike, and i guess having vtec would complicate it too much...

There you go man! Now you have to sit on both and ride if possible to see what one you like better! Your the one who has to ride it... you dont want to ride somethign uncomfortable! Appreance helps a bit too! I dont know if you were considering the 600rr or not but the under the tail exhaust looks sweet..

The RR is going to ride a bit diffrent than the r6. Its going to have if you would say it like this.. a race track setup vs maybe an all around setup like the r6

yah my friend got a 2003 cbr600rr, and the exhaust does look pretty mean. the only reason i even mentioned the interceptor is because cycleworld named it the best sport bike out right now. they said it was the best balanced bike...i didnt want a 1000 series, but anything smaller is fine.

You know dont let the size fool you either.. I still remember the day I picked up my 03 r6... I got second thoughts! I backed out at the last minute and the next day I bought a cbr929... Im so happy I did.. and than I sold that for a tt 300zx but plans feel through so i picked up my busa! couldnt be any happy er!

Originally posted by mattcalica@Feb 12 2004, 12:57 AM
thanks jeffie for clearing up about the interceptor valve checks, because i forgot that you have to do those like every 6000 miles on a bike, and i guess having vtec would complicate it too much...

First off just toss out anything a someone "leaves unnamed" says =)

Valve adjustments vary.... My bike calls for them to be inspected every 16K miles and if they are out of spec to adjust them

a normal bike will run you around 2 hours labor VS the 8 hours I've seen quoted for the Vtec bikes

a bad ass bike right now is the Kaw 636 Mmmmmm only downside to the bike is you cannot race it in the 600cc class due to it being a 636cc but chances are you're not going to race it

I've heard nothing but great things about the bike the new CBR6000RR is also a wonderful bike but if you plan on taking it anywhere keep in mind there is NO storage room at all!
you're lucky to fit a wheel lock in it! I like the look of the F4i headlights more then the RR but I like many otherthings about the RR that the F4i does not have

F4i is faster in the 1/4 mile but the RR has a better top end

I would rule out the GSX-R and R6 only becuase they are harsh bikes GREAT track bikes but if you're like me and ride a lot you will end up wishing you went with another bike Suzuki motors tend to shake you to death or as a few reviewers have said....
at higher RPMS the Suzuki motor seems ike it's going to blow up due to vibrating so much
they also went on to talk about even with the shakes the Suzuki motors are great and hold up very well they just tend to be on the loud side vibrating wise I know this first had from my old Suzuki Bandit 600 at 6K+ it would shake the hell out of the upper fairing to the point I had to use foam in random places to "try" to cut back on some of the vibrating sounds it make... bah I could never get all the Buzzzes to go away =( ohwell

Go take a trip to the local dealership and sit on all the bikes if you want a great all around bike check out the Suzuki SV650/1000 its a good sport/street mix the Suzuki Bandit 1200 is also a wonderful bike no where near as sporty as the SS bikes but they have one of the better engines out there and to this day a 1200 Bandit holds the record for the fastest street bike ever
Bandit insurance will cost you about 90-120% less then any supersport bike atlest it did for me =)

also don't forget all of your gear atlest 500-600 bucks to start 1000 is even better =)
from boots to gloves the more gear the better

Bottom line my vote would be a toss up... 636, or CBR.... I would sit on both bikes back to back and pick the one that felt best

happy bike shoping!

Originally posted by jeffie7+Feb 11 2004, 10:43 PM-->
Accordturbo94
@Feb 11 2004, 10:19 PM
Jeffie you sure do brag about your bike a lot! Its GAY... Anyways If your looking for the 600's go with the 600rr. Id feel sorry for anyone who owns a r6 or 1. Youll be rebuilding the tranny very soon. I day IMO.. 1. choice 600rr. 2. GSXR 3. ZX 4. r6

Haha so whats new? I should put a picture of it in my Avatar just for you =)

First off, Yamaha makes a wonderful bike as with tranny.
If people would stop dogging the R6/R1 the trannies would hold up just fine.
One of the bigger problems people had with the R1s was oil starvation thanks to people riding 1-2 mile long wheelies, thanks to the aftermarket world they made things for the bikes to help keep oil in place when riding wheelies.

A few of my friends have R6s and R1s and the ones who ride normal "fast but not crazy slaming gears as with not pulling wheelies every stop light" have bikes that run great and have no problems.

Mattcalica

The Interceptor is a wonderful bike. I would not pick it over a F4i/RR or any other all out 600cc sport bike.

One thing to keep in mind is the Interceptor "newer ones" have Vtec and a valve adjustment job will run you about 8 hours worth of labor this was posted on a bike message board as with links to pages backing it up Hard to believe...

I see no need for vtec in a bike so why bother?

Your the one who told them that! Do you know what your talking about or not? Which is it?

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Feb 12 2004, 02:30 AM
Your the one who told them that! Do you know what your talking about or not? Which is it?

What was it I told him about that Im not sure about?

mattcalica keep in mind there's a ZX6R and a ZX6RR

Back