new brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey guys i just got done putting all new brakes in. at first i put in just brembo rotors, hawk hps pads, and goodridge stainless braided lines and im using dot4 valvoline synpower brake fluid. after taking the front calipers off, we noticed that they were fucked up (piston was all rusted) so i replaced them with brand new calipers. so i now have brand new everything brakewise in the front and stainless lines at all 4 corners. now the brakes are solid and work very nice, but i have to push the pedal more than i think i should before it actually does something. its like when you push the pedal half way down, its barely doing anything, but when you push it 3/4 the way down its tight like it should be. now i think it should be tight at like half way. is there a way to tighten up the brakes? i doubt theres air in the line because ive bled them twice after completely replacing the fluid. someone please give some help. thanks. ill get pics of everything soon so you guys can see the goods :D . the brand new calipers look REALLY nice, i dont think ive ever seen new calipers or ones that look new still on a crx, i was gonna paint the old ones, but i just got new ones so they are staying nice and new looking. thanks

95% sure your problem is air in the lines.... try bleeding it in a day or two

u sure? i mean i did it twice already and you would think that the air would be out. ill try it, but the guy who helped me put them on said to try it out when its dry (was pouring when we finished) and the pads might not have seated to the rotors yet. could this be the problem too? the pedal just seems loose, not spongy, just like it needs to be tightened or whatever.

give it a day or two and see if it gets better.... then bleed again and try adjusting the pedal... there is an adjustment point where the pedal meets the booster

hey thanks, but i think it just needed to break in a little, its been two days and its gotten a lot better. i still have to push the pedal in like halfway for it to start braking noticebly(sp?) but the braking power is MUCH better than before. dont know if its one specific part thats making the big difference (lines, pad, rotors, calipers?) or the combination, but if i slam on the brakes i will stop on a dime without skidding/locking up at all, and i still havent slammed them as hard as i can (no need to)

Back