New brakesystem for my VTi - but what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

strepto

Hi there!

I have a 1992 Honda Civic VTi today, but she's an old hag, and the stock brakesystem is rusted to the degree where it needs to be swapped for something new.

I've been looking into a new set of calipers, brakerotors and pads. OEM is okey I guess, but since I have to swap it - why not go for something better?

At first I was thinking in the lines of ITR calipers, but I have 4 x 100, and ITR is 4 x 114.x. The 1992 Honda Civic VTi has singel rotor in the rear, and ventet rotor in the front. OEM calipers - both ITR and VTi are about 150usd a piece.

I want to keep my 15" OEM VTi rims - so a big brake system is out of the question. I have been looking at both Willwood and FastBrakes, but they dont seem to have any system "small" enought for 15", but bigger then OEM.

Are there suitable OEM replacements? Other brands worth mentioning? I dont want bling bling, I just want good brakes, and safety.

I'll add some pictures of my current suspension.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Oh lord...

Anyway, a friend of mine did a 240sx with the 300zx brake conversion and he found Brembo OEM replacement drilled and slotted rotors from someone on Ebay for like 150 bucks... for all 4. This was 300zx rotors tho, so not sure if you could find much for Civic

Don't know if you have GSRs in the UK (we don't here in Germany) but you can use any 94+ Integra, LS, ITR, GSR, etc...

Back