New Canadian Police Cars!?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yup... cananda sucks

Mitsubishi_GTO_patrol_car.jpg

Nissan%20Skyline%20Police.jpg

GTO's and Skyline's and you guys get a DODGE?!?!?!?
:lame:

i saw a newer camaro marked as a state trooper car this thanksgiving weekend..................... in vermont. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
i saw a newer camaro marked as a state trooper car this thanksgiving weekend..................... in vermont. :ph34r:

Maine does that as well.

Old mustangs, camaros, corvettes. They take the cars impounded from the drug dealers and use them as patrol cars, not just DARE cars like they do around here. It makes sense to me.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh, and the only way that GTO (3000GT) would be worth it is if it's a VR-4.

Even so its handling capabilities aren't what they should be in that boat of a car. Better off with a vette.

Right, but the AWD would at least make it viable. It's still a noseheavy FWD boat, but getting power to all wheels helps.

that viper isnt legit, no radar in the window, no nothing. any tool can put a light bar ontop of a viper. as for teh dare cars, yeah.. we have a mustang 5.0 fastback style with an obnoxiously huge supercharger/blower sticking out the hood.

the only place ive seen vettes and mustangs is in miami, where they also (rumor) have ferraris.

:concur: on the gto still being a crappy car with awd.

the Charger isn't a full production run, is it ?

If it is, then Canada will finally have a bad ass police fleet.

But you STILL can't catch a sport bike. No way, no how.

THAT viper isn't so legit, but my step-father is a LT. for the DPS. His Prescient does employ one GTS. They've been out run only once by another heavily modified viper.

But caught him due to pure stupidity on his part.

High speed + sharp off-ramp = end of chase

I've seen real police 'vettes in my time. The ones I saw were purpose built to chase drug runners down the freeway. Pretty high-end stuff, but no superchargers or anything. All N/A builds. The chevrolet cruisers in my town have vette motors in them, but I think that is pretty common. There are only a few left around here, as they are switching to fords.

There is a new ford taurus that is a cop car here in brownwood that has "This car was seized from a local drug dealer" written across the back. Talk about a slap in the face. Drug dealer's car turned police cruiser. I've seen a lambo police car, but it was for the dare program, so it doesn't really count.

But chryslers/dodges are shit cars that break all the damned time and have seriously shitty resale value. Why the hell would the cops want those?

Quoted post[/post]]
But chryslers/dodges are shit cars that break all the damned time and have seriously shitty resale value. Why the hell would the cops want those?

For American purposes, its government spending and in terms of economics its more beneficial to spend the money on a domestic good and build GDP rather than spend American dollars in a foreign market for an "equal" product. Of course the domestic manufacturers give the government a break on the vehicles, so its a symbiotic relationship that works out well. Something breaks, oh well, replace it - its all subsidized government monies.

As for Canadians, I can only assume that since we're the closest market and they have no major local car manufacturers that America Jr. gives the money to America for some kickbacks.

yeah we are supposed to get these in the US too :shrug2:

im more impressed with these than the curent crown vic jokes the cops are driving now
but im still not very worried

the acceleration isnt much to worry about
Acceleration: Dodge Charger 5.7-liter HEMI and Dodge Magnum 5.7-liter HEMI posted first and second place in acceleration times (0 - 100 mph in 16.24 seconds and 16.49 seconds, respectively)

figureing that the cop is sitting still doing radar when you blow by him... as long as you see him before he makes it onto the road you have a good chance of not getting cought

the braking is a joke
Braking: Dodge Magnum 3.5-liter V-6 and Dodge Charger 3.5-liter V-6 posted first and second place in braking distance (60 mph - 0 in 128.1 feet and 130.1 feet, respectively)

if you have a solid braking system you can easily out brake one of these... "but why would you hit the brakes when being chased???" its simple, the faster you can slow down, the later you can hit the brakes for the turn, the later you hit the brakes the more distance you can put between you and the cop

top speed is about the only thing that has me a little worried... the top speed is significantly better than the crown vic (128mph)
Top Speed: Dodge Charger 5.7-liter HEMI posted best-in-class top speed of over 145 mph

dont run on the highway... you shouldnt be running on the highway anyway... but the chance of getting away from one of these is a LOT less than getting away from a vic... as always the best chance of getting away from a cop on the highway is by getting the fuck off the highway ASAP and hitting some corners

i really want to see some handling figures... but im sure they arent anything impressive

once again corners are your friend

so if you are going to run from one of these do it on a twisty back road... these are a little better than the crown vic but still cant hang on the twisties
rapid acceleration deceleration and cornering will wear one of these out pretty quickly

reason #547896530798546974327908 why corners are better than drag racing

Back