New Canadian Police Cars!?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah because even a Mclaren F1 could outrun radio...

Also don't forget, unless those cars you posted have the same modifications the numbers are going to be much better. Just look at the power specifics on the next page.

If you blow by any cop car doing 100 if you're in a civic he's not going to catch up to you very soon because you'll literally be more than a mile away in less than a minute it takes him to pull out and even get going.

Understand nothing more than the fact that I'm trying to characterize here is that you don't "race" police cars if you're trying to get away. If they're anywhere near you, they don't have to catch you because they'll just show up at your door later. If you want to have a chance, you better be far far ahead to begin with so they don't get your plate or atleast a partial plate and then start running it through DMV recordsl

So, WTF is up with the plexiglass thingies on the hoods of all of the japanese po-po cars??

You guys are forgetting one thing. Yeah a Skyline cop car is gonna catch up to you, but have u ever watched police chases on tv? Cops run over curbs, trees, fences, thru houses, get their cars shot up, and hit cars all the time.

I would feel much safer in a Dodge Charger cop car than a Skyline. . . . the Charger is a tank. In JDM land, they must not have psyco's like we do here who go on GTA style rampages.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Skyline GTR Police Interceptor... GIGGIDY!
:laugh: that would be worth being a cop for

Hell being able to be a dick, drive like a dick, and beat the piss out of a car thats not your own, is worth being a cop for in that aspect.

Lets not forget the killer meal deals too :).

Mass state police have (at least) 2 3000GT's

theres usually one near the 93/95 split on Friday evenings
the other one I've seen out on the Mass pike...

oh, and lets not forget the Italians...

italianpolicecar.jpg

So, WTF is up with the plexiglass thingies on the hoods of all of the japanese po-po cars??

i'm gonna go with it being a deflector for things like rain and bugs so they don't have to fuck with the wipers as much... more concentration on the task at hand...

From what I've seen MA staties use...

-Impalas
-Jeep Liberty's
-Dodge Caravans
-GMC/Chevy full-size vans
-Camaros
-Crown Vics
-Explorers/Expeditions (truck team)

RI state troopers use only marked and unmarked cars, but are way sneakier than MA staties in my opinion. They hide between construction equipment, on the side of on-ramps (so you can't see them until you pass them), in the woods - everywhere you can fit a Crown Vic - they hide.

Still waiting to see a Legacy GT 2.5 cruiser. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
that viper isnt legit, no radar in the window, no nothing. any tool can put a light bar ontop of a viper. as for teh dare cars, yeah.. we have a mustang 5.0 fastback style with an obnoxiously huge supercharger/blower sticking out the hood.

the only place ive seen vettes and mustangs is in miami, where they also (rumor) have ferraris.

:concur: on the gto still being a crappy car with awd.

A police car needs ONE thing to make it a legit police car. a police officer. 80+% of police cars do not have radar guns in the windows. and a good bit of them have nothing at all showing. not even lights on the rear deck.

Quoted post[/post]]
the Charger isn't a full production run, is it ?

If it is, then Canada will finally have a bad ass police fleet.

But you STILL can't catch a sport bike. No way, no how.

Charger has been out for awhile, I've been seeing them around the roads here for a few months now. IMO it's way to big and looks like crap.

I know for a fact Portland OR is testing out a few for their replacment squad cars.

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
the Charger isn't a full production run, is it ?

If it is, then Canada will finally have a bad ass police fleet.

But you STILL can't catch a sport bike. No way, no how.

Charger has been out for awhile, I've been seeing them around the roads here for a few months now. IMO it's way to big and looks like crap.

Thats the point.

Big, rugged, fugly. You can crash into speeding hondas and not get hurt.

They have Hemi Magnums, Hemi Durangos, Impalas and Crown Vics in PA. They have plenty of unmarked crown vics in NY and PA. The staties will not even pull out if you pass them at 125 mph out there, because they just can't catch you. I was just randomly speeding, doing about 120 on RT 80, I had a temp tag at the time. I saw the cop, watched him put it in drive and floored I to 130. I looked in the rear view only to see him put it back in park.

In NY, they hide behind the overpasses, you CANNOT see them until you pass them, people also won't flash you to tell you they're there. I got pulled over on local streets in Queens for talking on my cell, it was an SHO Taurus.

Quoted post[/post]]
In NY, they hide behind the overpasses, you CANNOT see them until you pass them, people also won't flash you to tell you they're there. I got pulled over on local streets in Queens for talking on my cell, it was an SHO Taurus.

Thats pretty :zipper_mouth: . . . why not?

Back