New car... CRZ, Civic Si, Veloster, or FRS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You may not find the Si much better in that regard. The suspension on the newer Si models is a bit improved over the RSX, but it's still going to be pretty stiff...

EDIT: If your RSX is the base model, the Si's suspension may actually be stiffer...

Well her RSX has like 112k miles on the original shocks... its ride has deteriorated nocticeably over the last year or so. but good input nonetheless!

With a door over here, and a door over there, a door here door there doors everywhere..

one of my favorite parts of the car is i can recline the front seats, fold down the back seats, open the hatch and BAM perfect fit for 2 folks at the drive in.

Anyone have anything to say on the automatic transmission for the CR-Z by chance? I haven't looked recently but the last time I did, I couldn't find one to test drive. It's pretty high on my list after a decade of stick shift, I can't deal with it any more in a traffic laden city (Dallas, Austin, San Antonio..ish, and Houston).

don't know how they drive, but in my research on CRZs, I have seen what appears to be about a 50/50 mix of manual and auto cars for sale at local dealers and privately.

I test drove an automatic transmission cr-z right when it first came out. It was interesting. I wasn't very happy with it, but it was a cvt and I came to the dealership on my motorcycle... so everything felt different.

We have a CVT Ford Escape Hybrid at work, and it's so strange on the highway, it just keeps the engine right at the "ideal" RPM and you accelerate. It's really strange, because the engine pitch doesn't change, the RPM stays the same and you have more power. It's very smooth, very quiet, and very peppy for an autobox.

That being said, I had the sales-kid almost shitting his pants as I took the car on a back road. lol.

8th gen civics are loud. The 2012 9th gens are much better. For 2013, some additional sound deadening was added and they added acoustic glass. My 2013 isn't the quietest car on the road, but it most definitely isn't the loudest. Earlier this year, I drove it on a 4500 mile road trip across the US. The only time it got loud was on some types of concrete through Denver. The 13' Accords are very quiet. The 4 cylinder manual accords are as quick as the Civic Si, and get better mileage.

On my phone between meetings, so this will be brief.

13 Civic LX has less wind suspension noise than the crz, but a lot more wind noise. Crz engine makes more noise both accel and decell, but is quieter at constant highway speed.

Tell you what, I'll make a dash can video of a bit of my commute home and show you the crz road noise.

I think it's right about now actually. August/September.

Guy across the street is a Dodge/Chrysler/etc salesperson and said the end of any given month is the best time to shop. Dealershits are looking to hit those monthly numbers and are more willing to wheel and deal to get it done. I would still advise you to shop 2 separate deals on the same vehicle to make sure you're really getting the best price you can.
Yes. Definitely go at the end of the month. I'd say 5 days before. Only reason you don't want to go on the last day is because if you don't commit then and there, the numbers literally change the next day. I feel like that adds undue stress to the situation. Especially if you're between a few cars/brands.

So pretty much today or this weekend...

Plus cvt is just weird, many hybrids have them.

Drove a CVT on the in-laws' new Accord. It's actually pretty good- but the reviews say the new Accord has one of the best CVTs in the business right now. Great acceleration, and allows the 2.4L to lug along around 1500rpm @ 60mph. Not bad.

It was a sonata blue tec or whatever it's called. It was just bland and no personality. Doesn't make any noise at all when you start it, just a chime. Great on gas I'm sure, but just not my cup of tea.

Try one of the middle class or higher hybrids...

Lol, let me rephrase: any hybrid that 90% of this board would test drive will suck. Let's face it, for a car forum, HS is a poor.

The key here is to evaluate "Performance".

Is it performing it's main job ? Then it's good. A hybrid is designed to save gas. They suck at everything else.

Hell, even the CRX has like 7 gauges dedicated to fuel consumption.

Back