• S2000

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • STI

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beat me to it....My 1994 supercharged Vette got 26mpg all day long but then again it came with 2.73 gearing

Which translates to less traction problems :)

I say Z28 or Vette depending on your budget and what is available in your area. The s2000 is just too played out.

Curious to know what your budget is to now that i read this more carefully....if you want a Supra then why not take the money your looking to spend on a muscle car and save it for the supra? Why spend 10,12 15k when its not the car you really want?

out of the choices listed i would pick an S2000, but for what it sounds like you are going to use it for, you might should consider other options. it seems you want something sporty and quick, but comfortable. and whats the budget? im guessing in the $10-12k area?

You've got it, I've also considered a sc300 with the 1/2jz swap (I know they came 2jz but I want want a low lilacs swap... im just picky like that lol)

Curious to know what your budget is to now that i read this more carefully....if you want a Supra then why not take the money your looking to spend on a muscle car and save it for the supra? Why spend 10,12 15k when its not the car you really want?

12k and less... I need a new daily pretty quick and my hatch is in a million pieces at the moment (give or take a few thousand lol) also when I do get ready for the supra it will be a lot easier for me to trade a car in than make a massive down payment. From what I can tell all these cars hold a decent value.

Click the "+ button next to quote on each post you want to quote up to the last one where you just click the regular quote button.

12k Budget.....easily pick up a 1992-1995 LT1--maybe 1996 LT4(330hp) Corvette....300hp and 340lbs of tq....very very very fun cars....LT1 is probably the most modded modern engine so there are a ton of parts for upgrades.

Don't forget though...your talking trading in the car down the road, you won't get shit for your car on a trade in...your 12k car now is worth 2-3k MAYBE 4k in a couple years on a trade in.

I voted STI. They are not the fastest car, but They will hold there own. They get good gas millege and do well in rain/ snow or mud. easy to fix, and imo can have a car seat in the back lol

I voted STI. They are not the fastest car, but They will hold there own. They get good gas millege and do well in rain/ snow or mud. easy to fix, and imo can have a car seat in the back lol

Since when do STI's get good gas mileage?

That's what I was wondering.

Right? I thought i remember B saying he got like 15mpg in his STI....Vettes get 25-30MPG with a V8

also, why does someone need an AWD car in Texas? I mean if you're a Rancher you own a 4wd truck...or if you tow ATV's and Dirt bikes, prolly a 4wd truck...

You don't need AWD in the rain....

yeah, the sti was aweful mileage. i had to get gas EVERY DAY when i was working about 55 miles away one-way. there and back would put me just below a half tank, so i wouldn't get home on day 2 if i didn't fill up again. so, like 220 miles out of the 14 gallon tank or whatever it was. you do the math. shitty.

the gearing on it sucked too. always stuck between 4th and 5th around town on 40 mph roads. 5th lags and doesn't move anywhere, 4th tachs out and you can watch the fuel gauge move.

great 'race' car, but it's shit for a daily driver.

I'm shocked so many people are advocating for the GM cars. With the exception of the C6, they are fucking garbage cars built for rednecks with small penises. They are composed almost entirely of cheap plastic, have copious electrical issues, piss fluids everywhere, drop fuel pumps like they are going out of style, and are pretty much fucking ugly as shit.

Agreed on GM's sucking. They can't be beat for building strait line machines. Otherwise, they blow. I gave em a shot with my current truck, an 07 Silverado. At 45k miles, the rear main is leaking. WTF. The dash rattles and creaks, the steering rack sounds like its going to die, and the transmission feels like its going to blow up half the time on the 1-2 shift. When the engine goes into 4 cylinder mode, the exhaust rattles like a bitch. The winder sticker says 16 city / 22 highway. It gets 16 on the highway going 70. Maybe 22mpg idling in a freefall off of a large cliff.

yep. i'll never own another american car probably. my truck is a piece with 80k on it.

Back