• S2000

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • STI

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A BMW or a Porsche are worth the hassle but not the 4000 lbs of plastic and pot metal that is an American car

Agreed on GM's sucking. They can't be beat for building strait line machines. Otherwise, they blow. I gave em a shot with my current truck, an 07 Silverado. At 45k miles, the rear main is leaking. WTF. The dash rattles and creaks, the steering rack sounds like its going to die, and the transmission feels like its going to blow up half the time on the 1-2 shift. When the engine goes into 4 cylinder mode, the exhaust rattles like a bitch. The winder sticker says 16 city / 22 highway. It gets 16 on the highway going 70. Maybe 22mpg idling in a freefall off of a large cliff.

I disagree with this whole heartedly. My dad's company has a few we've bought. A partner has a 99 silverado with 32X,000 miles. Original engine, transmission. Runs like a beast. I'd take it across the country tomorrow.

My dad has a 02 silverado with 150k. Never a single problem. We use it mostly for hauling scaffolding and job boxes in the truck bed so its hard. Mostly stop and go traffic. NO problems.

Another partner just bought another 2010 GMC sierra. We'll see how that goes. Plush ride.

All are 4x4s. MPG is mediocre on the 6.0L but who cares. If you're using it for its intended purpose you're probably making money on it.

Not gonna lie I was a chevy guy before I got my first honda. My dad had issues with me owning a import so he called it my " japanese made chevy" lol

Anybody had any experience with srt-4's? I read they get 20 city/28 hwy and run a 13.8 stock
I wonder how comfortable of a ride they are... I see them go for 6500-12k all day. remember guys the less I spend buying whatever car I get means the more I can spend on go fast parts lol

I don't know about reliability of them but if they are like other Dodges of that era I wouldn't have it be my daily

get an insurance quote. i hear the srt-4s are rediculous to insure.

i wonder why insurance would be high on a srt-4...? I know its a "sport sedan" ,but an SS or z28 etc. would run me $128ish a month for full coverage

it's because in the 'car business' they were labeled as 'the fastest car you could buy for under 20k'. Meaning TONS of kids got em for their 16th, couple that with the fact that it is a quick car = hefty insurance.

I know im kinda dragging this out and am not meaning to, I know its just my choice but getting other opinions is helping me weed out what I am gonna get so here's my last suggestion...

MKIII supra? Heard that had headgasket issues but that's an easy fix... any other input?

Why don't you just pick up something you can pay cash for now, and continue to save for what you really want (MKIV Supra)? Seems like the logical path to take.

ya you also said the Ti would be expensive but the one I just bought only adds $10 every 6 months...that's just for liability but still.

Back