New Car-----Flammmeee onnnnnnnnnnnnn open house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That looks really safe, you know, exceeding the speed limit and taking pictures and stuff.

You know that fuel gauges are non-linear, right?

I was thinking both of those same thoughts.

Might as well post a selfie from the racetrack as well.

That looks really safe, you know, exceeding the speed limit and taking pictures and stuff.

You know that fuel gauges are non-linear, right?

you are the annoying kid who makes the stupid annoying comment on gun videos about how the guy didn't do a safety check during the video aren't you....yeah thought so.

Also, yes i do realize that but it's irrelevant because I'm comparing(implied not stated) it to what i would get in my truck at the half way point.

Also, yes i do realize that but it's irrelevant because I'm comparing(implied not stated) it to what i would get in my truck at the half way point.

What I'm saying is that not all vehicles have the same non-linear curve, the full tank is what really matters. Most vehicles now have an extremely non-linear gas gauge, there's a plateau at "close to full" and it goes down at an exponential rate, instead of a linear rate. I know math is difficult for you, because you bought a new car to save money, but that means "Half displayed doesn't mean half."

Most tanks are V-or U-shaped, so there's actually physically more fuel in the top half.
Genny actually has a double bank over the drive shaft with a secondary pump feeding the left bank into the right bank where the fuel sender is. odd stuff, but it sure beats having a 6 gallon tank. lol

@charge, RTFM y0! fiugure out what it is. maybe there's a solar panel on the roof to battery tend or something

What I'm saying is that not all vehicles have the same non-linear curve, the full tank is what really matters. Most vehicles now have an extremely non-linear gas gauge, there's a plateau at "close to full" and it goes down at an exponential rate, instead of a linear rate. I know math is difficult for you, because you bought a new car to save money, but that means "Half displayed doesn't mean half."

It's still irrelevant because i'm directly comparing this to my truck....you can point out all the mathematical equations on earth you want, the fact of the matter is, In my Titan I would be at 140miles at the half tank mark and with the BMW I'm at 300. They both will decline rapidly....so Im still trying to point out what the fuck your point is, but I'm assuming you have none, as often you do not, because as i stated before, you are just that annoying kid who likes to make stupid comments.

Your truck gas meter doesn't show 1/2 as exactly half-a-tank either. And unless you have a BMW pickup truck, it's apples to potatoes.

You got to love that low RPM cruising right there.
yeah it takes some getting used to cause im pretty most coasting most of the time. I really like this car. i never thought in my life i would like a BMW. Always hated them for some reason. I can only imagine what a real BMW feels like, like a 335 or 5 6 or 7 series. This thing is a poor mans BMW.

you are one hopeless little kid

Anyway, awptickles, im not trying to be a dick, well i was but, i get what you are saying about the the tanks. All i am saying is I'm pleased with the mileage and though you may not see how I am saving money with a new BMW, please believe I am over what i was previously driving.

Titan was $465/m
BMW is $450/m

Titan was $400 in gas a month
BMW i am projecting $130/m

Insurance stayed the same

Titan $50/ oil changes every 3000 miles plus cost of maintenance
BMW, free oil every 9000 miles no cost for maintenance

Also, if you look at the 5 year cost to own(not exact because its 2014 titan listed) the BMW is 51k and the Titan is 61k

In the end, what i am paying out monthly to drive the BMW is far less than what I would be paying to drive the Titan.

no need to get into a pissing match

Last edited:
wait, charge? this is a hybrid?

ok i think this is it right here...

Energy recovery
The kinetic energy of the vehicle
is converted to electrical energy
while coasting. The vehicle bat‐
tery is partially charged and fuel
consumption can be reduced.

Looks like it under-drives the alternator (less engine resistance = better economy, same reason why ac sucks fuel) and replaces said underdriving with the recovery from brakes drag/etc

Looks like it under-drives the alternator (less engine resistance = better economy, same reason why ac sucks fuel) and replaces said underdriving with the recovery from brakes drag/etc

Sure, let's go with that theory lol...

Do you miss the M? Did you see the new Genny Coup..348HP...sayyy whhhhhatttt

Anyway, awptickles, im not trying to be a dick, well i was but, i get what you are saying about the the tanks. All i am saying is I'm pleased with the mileage and though you may not see how I am saving money with a new BMW, please believe I am over what i was previously driving.
Also, if you look at the 5 year cost to own(not exact because its 2014 titan listed) the BMW is 51k and the Titan is 61k

Yeah, I'm not trying to pee further than anyone. The tanks for fucking everything are different, and it's really a trick by manufacturers on the consumers.

That being said, CT insurance must be really strange (compared to Maryland and Louisiana), because around here a BMW would cost 2x the premiums of a truck. I'd be sad to give up the cargo space of a pickup, but with the differential you have in cost to own, it's worth it dude.

Out of curiosity, is there a mileage cap on the maintenance? My mom's 3-series was 36k IIRC.

Yeah, I'm not trying to pee further than anyone. The tanks for fucking everything are different, and it's really a trick by manufacturers on the consumers.

That being said, CT insurance must be really strange (compared to Maryland and Louisiana), because around here a BMW would cost 2x the premiums of a truck. I'd be sad to give up the cargo space of a pickup, but with the differential you have in cost to own, it's worth it dude.

Out of curiosity, is there a mileage cap on the maintenance? My mom's 3-series was 36k IIRC.

Yeah it's 4 years or 50k , which ever comes first....for me it would be 4 years if i bought out the car as i only average about 9k miles a year

http://www.passportbmw.com/bmw-maintenance-program.htm

you can add on 2 years or 50k to make it 6 years/100,000k and i think the cost was 1800 bucks, but my Employer owns Warrantech and we get discounted extended car warranty if we want to purchase it so that maybe an option on any future cars i buy

http://www.warrantech.com/

Do you miss the M?
driving it, yes.
paying for it, no.
Did you see the new Genny Coup..348HP...sayyy whhhhhatttt
yeah, but that fucking hood though... :puke:

rumor is a v6T option for 2015.

I still don't think i'm interested. The price is up significantly too. This years car is almost 8 grand more than what i paid for mine (even with the 3k difference of the smaller 4 banger, its still 5k up in price... they no longer make the track trim in 2.0t style)

my pos truck costs more than genny to insure by $8. both have full coverage. I should dump it from the truck, but its like 18 bucks and i'm too lazy to call the insurance agent.
4wd is a killer here plus it's old and unsafe. and since it's big, its more likely to do bodily injury to others
my sti cost more to insure than my m3 did as well.

Last edited:
Damn. 'Round here a 4wd truck increases my insurance by like $4/mo. If I add two, I think my insurance actually goes down, lol.

Back