New Car-----Flammmeee onnnnnnnnnnnnn open house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for reminding me that CT sucks hairy balls

The least they could do is legalize marijuana. You know how much has changed here in Washington since it's been legal? Not a damn thing.

In CT to have a pickup we have to pay more for registration depending on the gvw. Then since we get shitty mpg we pay more gas tax. Personal use or not got to pay more.

The uk models may be significantly different.... make sure you fully do research on it.

Being a lease too...

I pulled the trigger on the Chip Express after talking to a couple forum members. Should come in 5-7 days....i'll post a status once I install it and play with the settings

Up the fuel 10%, and up the timing about 15-deg across the board. Then do some 2nd gear pulls on the highway while recording it on a VHS camera.

For old times' sake.

Speaking of BMW diesels. I recently picked up a 2011 335d. Nice DD I must say. :)

I don't always lease a car to save money, but when I do I mod it before turning it back in.

If you understood simple math you would able to see how getting 37MPG on 15 gallons of diesel and $450/m car payment, compared to getting 10MPG with a 28 gallon tank on 93 Oct and a $455 car payment both on leased cars is saving money but, again you need to be able to understand simple math and understand they are both leased cars. And of course the overall 5 year cost of ownership which i already pointed out.

let's break it down for you....

37MPG x 15 gallons is roughly 555 miles per tank 15 gallons x $3.05 for diesel = $45.75
10MPG x 28 gallons is roughly 280 miles per tank 28 gallons x 2.95 for 93 Oct= $82.60

I currently have 3800 miles on my car:

With Diesel i have spent roughly $320.25 in fuel ..that's 3800miles/555MPT= 7 fill ups
With the truck i would have spent $1156.40 in fuel..thats 3800miles/280MPT= 14 fill ups

That's a difference of $836.15 in fuel savings and $15 savings in car payments for a total savings of $851.15. To break that down in monthly savings i will divide by 3 months(the time frame in which i have owed my car)

$851.15 / 3 = $283.72/m

but no.. your right I'm not saving a shit ton of money by switching leases to the BMW...please believe me i feel it in the wallet

Speaking of BMW diesels. I recently picked up a 2011 335d. Nice DD I must say. :)
yikes.....i hope you you checked the service records....the 335D is known for massive carbon build up problems which are fucking $$$$ to repair....check out the bimmerfest forums, diesel owners section.

Sweet ride though...i really wanted one of those...if MPG wasn't a priority....the 335I would have been an option

Last edited:
I don't always lease a car to save money, but when I do I mod it before turning it back in.

o and fyi....two reasons why i bought it, Xmas money and the fact that it can be reprogrammed to any car i buy in the future which will definitely be a diesel

You did it for cash flow. Not to save money.

Jesus, haven't we already had this conversation?

yes but you know how HS is, everyone knows more about your finances and life plans than you do.
You did it for cash flow. Not to save money.

Nope to save money.... not to have more spending money....between switching to T-mobile, lowering cable package, switching cars and my wife doing a couple things on her end as well ...we are putting an extra $350/m into our savings account on top of the $150/m each we were already putting in there. So in essence, instead of $300/m into savings, there is now $650m.

Back