New Car-----Flammmeee onnnnnnnnnnnnn open house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You took on new debt to lower your operating costs to improve your monthly cash flow. You'll have a payment for something that will not be an equitable asset. You'll have increased financial flexibility if you plan on staying in a new car repeatedly. At that, from a personal finance perspective, unless you put those dollars you saved to work, its just part of being in the rat race everyone here gives you a hard time about.

He prefers to lease. He obviously has no desire to purchase and own a vehicle. He leases. He chose to exchange a leased truck for a leased car. It's his money, I wouldn't do it personally, but I'm not him. Either way, he comes out every month with a little more, so he feels he's winning. Let it be, and just talk about how it's probably not the best to modify a leased vehicle. Lol.

a flash is easy enough to revert... takes 2 min to do. In fact, if i were to lease, a flash would probably be the only mod i'd consider doing because it's so easy to reverse.

yikes.....i hope you you checked the service records....the 335D is known for massive carbon build up problems which are fucking $$$$ to repair....check out the bimmerfest forums, diesel owners section.

Sweet ride though...i really wanted one of those...if MPG wasn't a priority....the 335I would have been an option
Yes, I'm aware. It is about as common as the 335i carbon buildup. Actually they've been seeing the buildup on all direct injected motors.

You took on new debt to lower your operating costs to improve your monthly cash flow. You'll have a payment for something that will not be an equitable asset. You'll have increased financial flexibility if you plan on staying in a new car repeatedly. At that, from a personal finance perspective, unless you put those dollars you saved to work, its just part of being in the rat race everyone here gives you a hard time about.

Yes, but I'm always going to lease...I think I have been through this already. I want a new car ever 2-3 years. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that....I'm also not sure why people care if other people lease. I certainly don't care when people on here were buying $1500 Hondas and spending $4000 on parts like rims/tires, exhausts, CAI, turbos, tints, car audio etc...You think that is a good investment? Nope, but guess what? I bet it was fun and you liked it and it made you happy....

Take away---do what makes you happy and don't worry about what other people do.

a flash is easy enough to revert... takes 2 min to do. In fact, if i were to lease, a flash would probably be the only mod i'd consider doing because it's so easy to reverse.

Yeap, this works along side the cars CPU. It doesn't flash the CPU. I can just unplug it and take it right out like it was never even there. And I can transfer it to any new car I get so it's better then a flash cause it's actually mine to keep.

Hyundai wants 200 every 15k miles to remove the buildup from my VT. They take the IM off and hook the car up to some machine.

it is considered maintenance. but if the engine goes they can deny claim if it hasnt been done or documented.

He prefers to lease. He obviously has no desire to purchase and own a vehicle. He leases. He chose to exchange a leased truck for a leased car. It's his money, I wouldn't do it personally, but I'm not him. Either way, he comes out every month with a little more, so he feels he's winning. Let it be, and just talk about how it's probably not the best to modify a leased vehicle. Lol.

that kinda sums up my dating life to..........

image.jpg

Mazda doesn't seem to require it.

Then again this isn't a saving money kind of car. maybe that's only an issue with them.

I've never seen it considered to be a maintenance item.

I hear the best thing to do to combat it is block off the EGR and/or install a catch can. Seems like it is the combination of PCV vapors + EGR gasses that create the buildup.

If it's not in the manual to be done. They can't hold it against you by voiding warranty. Not to say dealerships won't try. But most dealerships will find any reason to not do warranty work.

It's also a good way to sell more service. Oh you need to do this to keep your warranty. Just like I was told I had to get my motorcycle serviced by the dealership or my warranty would be void or if I did my own work on our new Mazda I could risk voiding the warranty.

Sigh...

If it's not in the manual to be done. They can't hold it against you by voiding warranty. Not to say dealerships won't try. But most dealerships will find any reason to not do warranty work.

It's also a good way to sell more service. Oh you need to do this to keep your warranty. Just like I was told I had to get my motorcycle serviced by the dealership or my warranty would be void or if I did my own work on our new Mazda I could risk voiding the warranty.

Sigh...
I have never heard of this situation.

In fact this carbon cleaning is covered under my CPO warranty up to 100k miles. However they will only check if certain codes are thrown:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1136747&d=1419960435

Back