new car in the Colorado police fleet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
csp151.jpg

csp152.jpg

csp150.jpg

The story behind this one (found this in my local michigan forum) they are using it to combat street racing

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 30 2005, 10:48 PM
That'd be a first for a US police agency... an import car? :blink:
[post=533469]Quoted post[/post]​

back where i lived they had a 1st gen Mazda RX-7 for a police car for the DARE program.

Yeah, Connecticut uses imports as state vehicles as well. Hey, what can ya say :)

Although, I think it's fuckin hysterical that while trying to "combat street racing" they are simply buying into the Game more than fighting it. I bet Subaru donated it as an ad.

-> Steve

Also, if a WRX were in my mirror, telling me to pull over "looking like a cop" Pulling over would be the last thing I would do. Fuck that. Catch me, just like all the other WRXs !

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 30 2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah, Connecticut uses imports as state vehicles as well. Hey, what can ya say :)

Although, I think it's fuckin hysterical that while trying to "combat street racing" they are simply buying into the Game more than fighting it. I bet Subaru donated it as an ad.

-> Steve
[post=533477]Quoted post[/post]​

How are they buying into it?

Basically, they are now participating in street racing - Only they have a badge and are above the law.

And I'm sorry, but Crown Vic police package cruisers are faster than WRXs. But, as I recall in Colorado they aren't used in pursuit - The Helicopter is. In Connecticut we have one state police helicopter, and they actually use the cruisers as pursuit, and they have "special Pursuit" cars here that are tubbed out and de-interiored Camaros with high performance crate motors, roll cages and (at least when the program started) boost. They are nasty cars.

But using a WRX specifically to catch street racers means that they are relying on the headlights and overall appearance to trick people and let their guard down. It's almost entrapment.

-> S

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 30 2005, 11:16 PM
Also, if a WRX were in my mirror, telling me to pull over "looking like a cop" Pulling over would be the last thing I would do. Fuck that. Catch me, just like all the other WRXs !
[post=533485]Quoted post[/post]​

You wouldn't pull over for a WRX with light bars and "STATE TROOPER" printed down the sides?

We'd miss you while you were in prison.

... well I wouldn't.

j/p :p

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 30 2005, 11:41 PM
And I'm sorry, but Crown Vic police package cruisers are faster than WRXs.
[post=533489]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sorry but no. Stock civilian CVs are faster than PI CVs. There are no engine mods besides extra alternators (extra weight) under the hood. There are computers, cages, and tons of poliece equipment in the PI CVs as well.

PI CVs are heavy, and have stock Ford engines. WRXs would murder a CV, Civilian or Police Interceptors.

Basically, they are now participating in street racing - Only they have a badge and are above the law.

Hahahhahhahahahha the Crown Vic is no faster then a WRX, Maybe with a pro driver on the perfect day but um no.

Keep in mind I've been inside police cars while chasing people, we were lucky to hit 125MPH floored. 0-60 is also shitty.

And they ARE NOT participating in the street racing. If they do you could fight the ticket based on the officer trying to get you to race "theres a term used for this in the police world". Plus they make a few different style of full dresser police cars, 1 with a light bar and the other with out. The one with out the light bar gets used more often on highways becuase people can't spot the officer in traffic.
same goes for the WRX if it was ment to be a car used to race they would not only leave the light bar off but would also remove the STATE POLICE sticker.

P.S there's most any car make and model police cars that ride around undercover. 90% of them are used for none traffic police work, however.... doesnt mean you wont get pulled over.

Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, 300ZXs, F150s, F250s, explorers, anything dodge. Just to name a few around Maryland.

Entrapment and Inticement are two diffrent things. That is the way it was explained to me. Its like when a undercover cop walks up to some one that might be selling drugs and offers them 50 bucks for a sack, that is inticement. Entrapment would be shoving the 50 bucks in his hand and pulling a gun on him forcing him to sell the dope.

There is a blue mustange here in Spokane that looks bone stock, complete with plates that require tags. He has pulled up next to me and revved his shit at me. Somone pulled a ricer fly by on the stang thinking he was badass and the cop busted him.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jul 30 2005, 11:57 PM-->
@Jul 30 2005, 11:41 PM

I'm sorry but no. Stock civilian CVs are faster than PI CVs. There are no engine mods besides extra alternators (extra weight) under the hood. There are computers, cages, and tons of poliece equipment in the PI CVs as well.

PI CVs are heavy, and have stock Ford engines. WRXs would murder a CV, Civilian or Police Interceptors.
[post=533495]Quoted post[/post]​

Police CVs do have extra work done to the motors. but nothing major. police cars are run in some casees 24/7 unless it's the officers own car. The officers keep two sets of keys on them, 1 for the car to leave it running and another for when they get out they lock the car while its still running. If anything happens they can jump in the car and floor it. So the engines get a shit load of use and as with anything that gets beat on. HP will slowly lower over the months. so even with the extra mods, they wont be any faster then your normal CV unless of course it was stright out of the factory.

Originally posted by Drake@Jul 31 2005, 12:04 AM
Entrapment and Inticement are two diffrent things. That is the way it was explained to me. Its like when a undercover cop walks up to some one that might be selling drugs and offers them 50 bucks for a sack, that is inticement. Entrapment would be shoving the 50 bucks in his hand and pulling a gun on him forcing him to sell the dope.

There is a blue mustange here in Spokane that looks bone stock, complete with plates that require tags. He has pulled up next to me and revved his shit at me. Somone pulled a ricer fly by on the stang thinking he was badass and the cop busted him.
[post=533499]Quoted post[/post]​

Did the cop RACE you? no did the cop RACE him? no.

HE reved and the dumbass jumped at the chance.

I sohuld have worded it another way. The officer isnt going to race you but if you pull off like a bat outta hell yes he can ticket you.

Bottom line if a STATE POLICE car pulls up next to you with a light bar and revs. DONT RACE HIM.

better yet don't race on the streets =)~

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jul 31 2005, 12:08 AM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 30 2005, 11:57 PM
Celerity

Police CVs do have extra work done to the motors. but nothing major. police cars are run in some casees 24/7 unless it's the officers own car. The officers keep two sets of keys on them, 1 for the car to leave it running and another for when they get out they lock the car while its still running. If anything happens they can jump in the car and floor it. So the engines get a shit load of use and as with anything that gets beat on. HP will slowly lower over the months. so even with the extra mods, they wont be any faster then your normal CV unless of course it was stright out of the factory.
[post=533501]Quoted post[/post]​

No. No they don't. Christ... I was watching all about this on the History channel about police cars from past to present. They do NOT HAVE ANYTHING BUT EXTRA ALTERNATORS under the hood.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jul 31 2005, 12:28 AM-->
Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 31 2005, 12:08 AM
Celerity

No. No they don't. Christ... I was watching all about this on the History channel about police cars from past to present. They do NOT HAVE ANYTHING BUT EXTRA ALTERNATORS under the hood.
[post=533508]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm going to have to agree with this one. I saw the episode on the discovery channel about police cars through history. They dont have anything extra done to their engines. It was on about a week ago I believe.

Originally posted by Judo_boy_48+Jul 31 2005, 12:37 AM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 31 2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 31 2005, 12:08 AM
Celerity

[post=533508]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm going to have to agree with this one. I saw the episode on the discovery channel about police cars through history. They dont have anything extra done to their engines. It was on about a week ago I believe.
[post=533512]Quoted post[/post]​

It could very well depend on the state/county. Here they do at least the county ones.

and you know this as fact? Something I forgot; I do know some companies will chip the PI CVs ECU for fuel economy and shift points. But most smaller police agencies opt to not have that done to keep costs down.

Back