new car in the Colorado police fleet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by nismogod+Jul 31 2005, 01:12 PM-->
either way i think it varies from place to place. and i dont think anyone can apply any blanket statement.
[post=533629]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

The Crown Vics in Austin are actually pretty fast- they definitely have more than just rear gears, LSD, ECU and intake. I've ridden in one up in Dallas (getting ride home after a wreck), and it was actually damn fast too- way faster than those specs. Down in Houston you see a Vette every once in a while, a few Hummers, undercover street racer cars, tons of Z28s... I guess they like to keep fast cars in the force in the major metropolitan areas of Texas.

:)

jeffie7
@Jul 31 2005, 03:48 PM
Anyone who thinks they can "run" from the police in a car is stupid. unless you live in a county with 5 officers on duty at one time. Then you "might" beable to ditch them.

anywhere else you're F-ed.

unless of couse you're on a bike =) =) =)
[post=533669]Quoted post[/post]​

I've done it a few times- within city limits by just taking a ton of turns and then hiding in someone's driveway, then out on the highway by just flat out outrunning Texas Highway Patrol. I'm not making 100mph+ trips between states every weekend anymore though. Thank goodness!

Cops don't bother with bikes because you can show up with a group of 10 bikers and you're LOST to the cop. They remember certain details, green, or not Green. And then everyone will vouch for you being there. Just kinda look at each other like all is well.

-> Steve

talking about running from the cops. Funny story of the day...

My freind is selling his 5.0 mustang for 5500 obo (he paid like 3 for it). Guy calls him up and says that he will give him 6 cash, but he wants to look at it first. Says he will be there at 2. Comes close to two, this guy calls him up and says he is on his way. While he is talking to my freind on the phone, the guy says oh shit, I'm getting pulled over. My freinds like, oh that sucks. This guy then says that he has warents out for his arrest, then tells my freind that he is going to try and run. Guy hangs up the phone. He calls up about 20 minutes later saying that he is going to jail for selling crack, and if the car isn't sold in 4 weeks when he gets out, then he will buy it. Fucking great.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 31 2005, 12:28 AM
No. No they don't. Christ... I was watching all about this on the History channel about police cars from past to present. They do NOT HAVE ANYTHING BUT EXTRA ALTERNATORS under the hood.

Yes, yes they do. Its called the interceptor package. Many also have nitrous installed in the cars as well. Its common knowledge, along with the fact that my uncle works on all the local police cars in his shop.

As for the crown vic being faster than the STI, or even the WRX I highly doubt it. The car is far too heavy and it doesn't have the benefit of awd traction. On a highway pull, the v8 might get the wrx.

Jeffie, I don't know why the car you were in could barely hit 120, because they're usually governed at 140mph with the police interceptor package. Also, if you were in the car with someone during a high speed chase that was doing 120mph, he was a dope. You're not supposed to give pursuit over 100mph.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 31 2005, 10:45 PM-->
@Jul 31 2005, 12:28 AM
No. No they don't. Christ... I was watching all about this on the History channel about police cars from past to present. They do NOT HAVE ANYTHING BUT EXTRA ALTERNATORS under the hood.

Yes, yes they do. Its called the interceptor package. Many also have nitrous installed in the cars as well. Its common knowledge, along with the fact that my uncle works on all the local police cars in his shop.

As for the crown vic being faster than the STI, or even the WRX I highly doubt it. The car is far too heavy and it doesn't have the benefit of awd traction. On a highway pull, the v8 might get the wrx.

Jeffie, I don't know why the car you were in could barely hit 120, because they're usually governed at 140mph with the police interceptor package. Also, if you were in the car with someone during a high speed chase that was doing 120mph, he was a dope. You're not supposed to give pursuit over 100mph.
[post=533805]Quoted post[/post]​

bahahahhahaha! Go read E's posts, then come back and tell me that Ford installs Nitrous on it's PI crown vics. I don't care what your uncle does for some random cop who wants to make his city bought police car faster and less efficient, but the larger companies who modify PI crown vics do not do engine modifications, and neither does Ford.

:lmao:

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 31 2005, 10:45 PM-->
@Jul 31 2005, 12:28 AM

[post=533805]Quoted post[/post]​

Welcome to Calvert County, it is one of the only countys in the state of maryland with a will CHASE policy. Anything and everything, it doesnt matter they WILL go after you. This is also a county that has 1 main road in and out, 2 lanes each way with zero lights. topping out a car isnt hard at all same goes for street racing its all over the place.

as far as the 120mph Im not shitting you. it tapped out and I told the officer "thats it?" as stated before most all of the cars in use had a good bit of miles on them and have been run into the ground. once again having a police car running 24/7 only to shut them off to refule or do oilchanges. If the car was brand new I have no doubt that it would do more then that at least I would hope it would. But as it sat we were leading the pack of cars about 4 in all chasing after a burglary supspect that just happened.

Once again I'm speaking from being inside the cars I figure so far I've been in around 8 different police cars. and IMO they are slow as dirt.

And rev8K when I say mods to the motors I'm talking basic bolt on shit from ECUs to different cams. nothing major. once again depending on your county/state thigs change. even in Maryland one county to the next the cars can be different. Most of my time has been spent with a very small county with about 25 total officers. They have a lot of things no other counties have. they also lack alot of things. but they do have a will chase policy so that makes doing ride alongs more fun then any other county. Even Sportbikes they "try" to catch.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 31 2005, 04:48 PM
Anyone who thinks they can "run" from the police in a car is stupid. unless you live in a county with 5 officers on duty at one time. Then you "might" beable to ditch them.

Sure do love Lufkin :)

4 or 5 cops on duty, no helicopters, nothin' fancy. If you can drive worth a shit and know your way around town, it's no problem to ditch the cops here.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes+Jul 30 2005, 11:50 PM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 30 2005, 10:48 PM
That'd be a first for a US police agency... an import car?  :blink:
[post=533469]Quoted post[/post]​

back where i lived they had a 1st gen Mazda RX-7 for a police car for the DARE program.
[post=533471]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: they had one of those here too.

asmallsol
@Jul 31 2005, 10:18 PM
talking about running from the cops. Funny story of the day...
[post=533766]Quoted post[/post]​

now that is a good story. LoL :bo:

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 31 2005, 11:34 PM

bahahahhahaha! Go read E's posts, then come back and tell me that Ford installs Nitrous on it's PI crown vics. I don't care what your uncle does for some random cop who wants to make his city bought police car faster and less efficient, but the larger companies who modify PI crown vics do not do engine modifications, and neither does Ford.

:lmao:

What makes you think my uncle does it for one random cop? Did I ever state that? He modifies police cars for the entire force of 3 towns because thats about all it can handles. That includes doing pretty much EVERYTHING to the car, it comes in blank except for the engine work. Lights, sirens, decals, winch, etc.

And nitrous is a not so uncommon thing to have in police cruisers, I don't care if you haven't seen it on the history or discovery channel.

For the record, what E posted wasn't labeled as the "police interceptor package" which is the name for the performance package.

Originally posted by civicious+Aug 1 2005, 02:33 AM-->
@Jul 31 2005, 04:48 PM

Sure do love Lufkin :)

4 or 5 cops on duty, no helicopters, nothin' fancy. If you can drive worth a shit and know your way around town, it's no problem to ditch the cops here.
[post=533877]Quoted post[/post]​

Except if they got your plate, then they'll just be at your house waiting or if you're heading into a neighboring town you can't out speed radio communications.

I'd like to clear up some major confusion here.

That's not a State Patrol STi. :p

It's an STi owned by a guy who works for the CSP as a photographer. They dressed the car up like that as a promotion for the local dragstrip (Bandimere National Speedway), for their "Alive At 25" Test N Tune nights.

I know this guy.
I've ridden in his car.
I partied with him this past weekend.
That blonde in the picture is his ex.
You all just got pwned. :p

Don't feel bad, this is about the 487394839 forum those pictures have been posted on, saying "OMG It's a po-lice Sti!!!11!1!!!!"

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 1 2005, 02:56 PM

It's an STi owned by a guy who works for the CSP as a photographer. They dressed the car up like that as a promotion for the local dragstrip (Bandimere National Speedway), for their "Alive At 25" Test N Tune nights.

I know this guy.
I've ridden in his car.

Don't feel bad, this is about the 487394839 forum those pictures have been posted on, saying "OMG It's a po-lice Sti!!!11!1!!!!"
[post=533956]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn got it in before I saw this thread...lol.

Those pictures are like over a year and a half old, I don't think the guy even has the graphics on his car anymore.

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Aug 1 2005, 09:10 AM
Damn got it in before I saw this thread...lol.

Those pictures are like over a year and a half old, I don't think the guy even has the graphics on his car anymore.
[post=533976]Quoted post[/post]​

:D

Nope, they were only on his car for a very short time. Pretty much for the photo shoot, and that's it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 1 2005, 04:14 PM
:D

Nope, they were only on his car for a very short time. Pretty much for the photo shoot, and that's it.
[post=533980]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what I thought. I think I met that guy at Hamburger Stand once before.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 1 2005, 09:56 AM

I know this guy.
I've ridden in his car.

[post=533956]Quoted post[/post]​

I knew it looked strange. <_<

Jackass :p

:lol: you all thought that was a real sp car.

in longmont I saw a 05 civic si wsupercharger with csp decals not sure it that is a one of thier cars or not either

Back