new car in the Colorado police fleet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think a while back, I heard of a blue CTR that was used by the police too. I would have to see it to believe it though. Some idiot around here (maybe Northglenn) runs from the cops quite often. He drives a gay ass Talon. I'll laugh when he gets caught someday.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 1 2005, 05:54 PM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 1 2005, 03:26 PM
I knew it looked strange. <_<

Jackass :p
[post=534159]Quoted post[/post]​

I wub j00!!! :lol:
[post=534170]Quoted post[/post]​

I wub j00s car. :D

Callidus
@Aug 1 2005, 05:56 PM
I think a while back, I heard of a blue CTR that was used by the police too. I would have to see it to believe it though. Some idiot around here (maybe Northglenn) runs from the cops quite often. He drives a gay ass Talon. I'll laugh when he gets caught someday.
[post=534171]Quoted post[/post]​

CTR?? Since when were CTRs imported to the states?

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 1 2005, 10:56 PM
[post=534171]Quoted post[/post]​

Is it a gray one with a bov that is loud as hell?

Yeah, police do promo cars all the time - And with DARE program, using confiscated cars is the norm. so if they take a CTR, it's theirs to do with what they want.

I got pulled over by a Dare car about 10 years back. Lights and all - IT IS a real cop car.

They have a newer ford taurus cruiser in my town that has a giant decal across the back reading: THIS VEHICLE WAS SEIZED FROM A DRUG DEALER.

Damn, way to rub it in his face. Take his car away, then turn it into a fooking cruiser.. LOL.

In new mexico the dare vehicle was a Chevy Astro with a murderous stereo system, hydrolics, and big chrome 18's.. (18's were huge shit back in the day) It was actually pretty cool for back in the day.

They seized a Taurus from a drug dealer ? Obviously not a very good drug dealer.

Pretty smart if you ask me.. He bought it new, paid cash, left it completely stock. Now the dumb dealers are the ones parked in front of their shak-ass house with a brand new hummer on 23's. Cops just dont eyeball a white, stock taurus.

His paying cash is probably what gave it away, though.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 1 2005, 04:10 PM
I wub j00s car. :D
[post=534174]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

Nothing much done to it lately, since I'm poor. :) I got some STi seats (front and back) to match the WRB exterior, and it looks pretty damn hot. I'm currently trying to source some STi door cards to match the seats.

I've got a grounding kit and a brake master cylinder support waiting to be installed, but that's about it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 2 2005, 12:41 PM-->
@Aug 1 2005, 04:10 PM
I wub j00s car.  :D
[post=534174]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

Nothing much done to it lately, since I'm poor. :) I got some STi seats (front and back) to match the WRB exterior, and it looks pretty damn hot. I'm currently trying to source some STi door cards to match the seats.

I've got a grounding kit and a brake master cylinder support waiting to be installed, but that's about it.
[post=534543]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool deal... what are the plans anyway?

I actually just purchased a dc 4-1 header and an RS*R exmag catback. I still gotta figure out how to put on my rear upper strut brace and get my s2 short throw installed. It should all be installed early October since I'll have help doing it. :)

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 2 2005, 11:05 AM-->
Pretty smart if you ask me.. He bought it new, paid cash, left it completely stock. Now the dumb dealers are the ones parked in front of their shak-ass house with a brand new hummer on 23's. Cops just dont eyeball a white, stock taurus.
[post=534494]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Come to downtown Houston. Hummers and Escalades with 24 inch wheels parked outside of the projects...

2000Si
@Aug 2 2005, 05:16 PM
I actually just purchased a dc 4-1 header and an RS*R exmag catback. I still gotta figure out how to put on my rear upper strut brace and get my s2 short throw installed. It should all be installed early October since I'll have help doing it. :)
[post=534788]Quoted post[/post]​

How hard is that? Four bolts... all that is pretty easy stuff. :) :p :D :lol:

cause I have to take off the rear interior pieces to figure out exactly how they sit... since I've never taken any of those pieces off of this car before. ;)

Oh. I just pulled off the interior pieces, busted out the 4.5 inch hole saw that I used to drill into computer cases, then went to town. I don't know if you have any removable panels that a bar can easily fit through on your EK, but there just might be some. I know my 89 CRX Si had panels that popped out right above the strut towers.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 2 2005, 04:16 PM
Cool deal... what are the plans anyway?
[post=534788]Quoted post[/post]​

Not much. :lol: After installing those parts I have laying around, it's going to remain pretty much as-is. Money will be spent on maintenance, tires, etc, but nothing much on performance. I've got the car where I want it. I haven't check my old thread in Other Cars to see how up to date it is, but it's got a shitton of aftermarket already on it. I'm happy with the car as it is.

In the distant future, there might be a new turbo, but that involves not only the turbo, but injectors, fuel pump, and a tune. That's right there around $1,500, which won't be available cash anytime soon.

check out this police interceptor:

civicSLK3.jpg

:p

"police interceptor"

"SLK 500"

"AMG"

the benz logo

on a Honda? Wow. This car doesn't have any idea who it is.

that was a media prop or what ever you want to call it to scare kids in denver there was a topic about it in Racingsoutwest.com. But they weren’t running those STI’s… sad but true…

Back