new car in the Colorado police fleet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by lswhitecivic+Aug 1 2005, 06:40 PM-->
@Aug 1 2005, 10:56 PM
I think a while back, I heard of a blue CTR that was used by the police too. I would have to see it to believe it though. Some idiot around here (maybe Northglenn) runs from the cops quite often. He drives a gay ass Talon. I'll laugh when he gets caught someday.
[post=534171]Quoted post[/post]​

Is it a gray one with a bov that is loud as hell?
[post=534182]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a guy named Pheng that I know. He did a 5 lug conversion. He was running MAD boost on a stock ls block. Had to resleeve it like every week. Was making like 360 whp. He owns a shop called Paragon Tuning or something like that.

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 5 2005, 04:16 PM
That's a guy named Pheng that I know. He did a 5 lug conversion. He was running MAD boost on a stock ls block. Had to resleeve it like every week. Was making like 360 whp. He owns a shop called Paragon Tuning or something like that.
[post=536330]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh.... 360whp is NOT "mad boost".

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 5 2005, 05:16 PM

[post=536330]Quoted post[/post]​

Resleeving it every week makes it not stock anymore...

Just to clear up a few things.

They are using Civics and Integras here to bust street racers.

The STI was a promo car.

The Civic SI that is supercharged is a promo car. Saw both at Bandimere during High School Drags last year.

Pang's LS in his EK was not sleeved. Stock bottom end, BIG turbo, fuel, ignition, and lots of boost. His CarDomain page. Look at it. He also swapped in an ITR motor. He no longer has the EK shell. He has another EG.

And Pang owns no shops. He used to work at GJ's shop called ALL PRO LUBE.

Paragon Tuning was a shop in Auroura off of Havanna. It is out of buisness now.

And an STI cop car would be sweet in the mountains. I would want that job. :ph34r:

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 30 2005, 11:41 PM
Basically, they are now participating in street racing - Only they have a badge and are above the law.

And I'm sorry, but Crown Vic police package cruisers are faster than WRXs. But, as I recall in Colorado they aren't used in pursuit - The Helicopter is. In Connecticut we have one state police helicopter, and they actually use the cruisers as pursuit, and they have "special Pursuit" cars here that are tubbed out and de-interiored Camaros with high performance crate motors, roll cages and (at least when the program started) boost. They are nasty cars.

But using a WRX specifically to catch street racers means that they are relying on the headlights and overall appearance to trick people and let their guard down. It's almost entrapment.

-> S
[post=533489]Quoted post[/post]​

Virginia has a black Viper for its pursuit vehicle. I do believe it was a seized race vehicle. I saw that sumbitch take down a sportbike down Broad St one night. Loud as hell.

I remember posting pics of that thing a while ago...explaining it in the kills section.

supposedly I have Pang's s2000 seats :)

Back