1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New car kinda O.o

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by ToxikMints, Mar 11, 2011.

1. ToxikMints

ToxikMints New Member

I went out today to check out this y8 motor a guy from work has. Make sure everything looked ok and so on. paid 200 bucks for block, head, tranny, and ecu. He is wanting to do a different build so it works out for the both of us. Anyway he tells me ya I got this car over here it's a classic your into tuners I think you'll like it. So I asked what is it? He replies 1986 MR2. He wants 300 bucks for it said it runs just need a new alt and a tune up its been sitting for little while. But I know very little about Toyota for 300 bucks i would think if it runs for 6 months it paid for itself. It looks good body is in pretty good shape. Is it worth the buy? Is there a good aftermarket for that old of Toyota? Just looking for an opinion or two.

Thanks

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

basically it depends if you have the cash and actually need a car. if you want a commuter for less than $500 and it runs well, then i would pick it up. i wouldn't but it just for the sake of having it and it's cheap.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

buy it, clean it up and sell it for a G. it may be a supercharged version.

4. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

:werd: pick it up for a cheap autocross machine.

5. ToxikMints

ToxikMints New Member

Yes I thought that also. But with a little research the supercharged version came out in 87 :( I think I'm going to pick it up.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted