1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new car or a swap?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Damien, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Damien

Damien Junior Member

i know i've asked about a swap on my civic but i've been thinking it is a bad idea. the civic is an automatic EX coupe, instead of a swaping the engine, i think i'll just get a another car. what do yall think is best? hit it up.

2. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

keep that car, save some money, buy a CRX or a Civic hatch for like 500 bucks, do a b16 swap, and have the EX as a daily driver, then when u get your CRX/Civic running decently sell the EX and dump all the money into your project car to make it hella pimp and hella fast, that my .02 cents.

3. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

that sounds like a good plan to me

I personally woudn't do a swap into an auto car
    sell it and get something that is a manual to start and then do a swap

good luck whatever you do

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Mine was automatic and I swapped it... but there was already a ton of stuff done to the car in terms of suspension and stereo, so I didn't want to start over. Knowing the entire mechanical history of your car from the day it left the dealership is also a major bonus- you don't have to second guess someone else's problems like you would with a used car.

If you bought the car new, I would keep it and save for another car, or find a reputable shop that can actually pull off a decent auto to manual conversion. If you bought the car used, I would sell it and buy a manual used car. Just remember that you're always taking a risk with buying a used car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted