new car or a swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damien

i know i've asked about a swap on my civic but i've been thinking it is a bad idea. the civic is an automatic EX coupe, instead of a swaping the engine, i think i'll just get a another car. what do yall think is best? hit it up.

keep that car, save some money, buy a CRX or a Civic hatch for like 500 bucks, do a b16 swap, and have the EX as a daily driver, then when u get your CRX/Civic running decently sell the EX and dump all the money into your project car to make it hella pimp and hella fast, that my .02 cents.

that sounds like a good plan to me

I personally woudn't do a swap into an auto car
sell it and get something that is a manual to start and then do a swap

good luck whatever you do

Mine was automatic and I swapped it... but there was already a ton of stuff done to the car in terms of suspension and stereo, so I didn't want to start over. Knowing the entire mechanical history of your car from the day it left the dealership is also a major bonus- you don't have to second guess someone else's problems like you would with a used car.

If you bought the car new, I would keep it and save for another car, or find a reputable shop that can actually pull off a decent auto to manual conversion. If you bought the car used, I would sell it and buy a manual used car. Just remember that you're always taking a risk with buying a used car.

Back