New Car? Or F00x0r3d Rid3

buy it or not?

• ehh... i dunno dude... looks can be deciving

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • retract your bid now&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i'm bidding on a pmp hatch...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2415350407
if any of you mohter fuckers try to bid war with me on it, i'll ban you. fuckers :p
hopefulyl this will be replacing the sol...

so, like anyone would do with half a brain, i ran a car fax on it.... after i bid on it
:cry:

Accident Report Date: Source: Detail:
02/08/1997 North Carolina Police Report Accident Reported
Involving right side impact
or collision

ok, so it was in an accident where damage exceded $1000 in damage.

but fucking A, it looks mint. and the accident happened at 90k, it now has 166k on it. one would think that if its fucked, it wouldn't have lasted nearly double its life time since the accident

I emailed the seller, and im waiting to hear what he has to say about it.
i have exactly 24 hours to retract my bid before its too late.

what are your guys thoughts?

mind you, i live no where near this... in fact, if anyone is in NC Raliegh area and would do me a HUGE fucking favor, shit, i'd pay you, to go test drive it!!!! I'll paypal you $50 if you go, take more up close pics, and talk with the owner/seller for me. its at a dealership too- so nothing shady.
I was planning to fly down and drive it home, or something like that. I jsut hate buying cars over the net, but god damn, it just looks TOOOOOOOO clean to pass up.... even with the accident history.

Colorpros, aren't you in NC???? could you do me that favor? anyone else from around there?? I would SOOO appreciate it.

Anyway, thoughts, ideas, suggestions, tell me to fuck myself, the usual, are appreciated :mrgreen:

I have a very close friend who lives in NC. Maybe I can ask him. Let me know and i'll ask.

Peas

BTW dude it does look friggen mint. If your willing to spend 2600 or more for it go for it. I would personally check around a little bit more for a better price. :spin:

thats the best price i've seen man... most peeps want 3500+ for them

i have the money, im not worried about the price really. i know my limit.
I'm worried about the car being a piece

can we bid on the cars in the background?

Hey, B.... Go Fuck Yourself. :p

No seriously, car looks good, but 2500 for a BASEMODEL car?! Holy bejebus, man, I bought my 91 Si model 4 years ago with the same milage for 3500.

Seriously, man. I can get you a white GSR swapped VX hatch here for 6k. Sell the swap, put in your big ball of whupass your ordered and whammo, you've got a pretty decently modified rolling chassis, which is about all this car is worth to you now, for 1500 or so.

Here's another example...

93 CX
Engine:
JDM B16A swap dynoed at 157whp
AEM intake
ITR intake manifold
Thermal Exhaust
B&M short shifter with ES bushings
ES motor mount inserts
Clutchmaster Stage 3 clutch
ITR transmission (installed in July 02)
Suspension:
Eibach Sportline springs
Tokico Blue shocks
15" Rota Subzero wrapped in Falken azenis
Suspension Techniques Swaybars 22mm front 19mm rear
Fastbrakes 11" Brake kit with GSR caliper and ceramic pads

$7500 obo contact me at 409-0015

fd9f47fc.jpg

fd9f47ef.jpg

i'd love to get that grey hatch... but i dont have 7500 to front it :(

my limit is 3k

Looks good to me,and a $1000 worth of damage could be nothing depending on where they got it fixed,the dealership would be close to that with the parts and repainting,of realitively "minor" damage.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 16 2003, 03:03 PM
no, its AT LEAST $1000 in damage, otherwise it would have not been reported.. read it again

I see,hmmm....well I guess you need some eyes on to be sure,but it still looks really good in the pics.

i just talked to the guy

i retracted my bid as of this point in time.
he said the car is so clean, that he never even ran the car fax on it- he asssumed it to be 100%. he was actualyl kinda shocked by it. i asked him to take some more pics of the right side, under the hood, from the ground up, etc, and see if i see anything.

colorpros, i need you man!! get online!!!

here's the email:

Brian, I have 3 cars on Ebay so please bear with me as I am a slow typist answering a lot of mail. The Civic has had 50k put on it since the title was issued on 5/5/01. I bought it from a local dealer 30 miles from here, where he got it back from his customer due to nonpayment. The Carfax show an accident in 1997 but was not listed as a Major one. Any time the police are called, major or minor Carfax gets a report. The fact that there is NO SALVAGE History listed and that Carfax guarantees that, makes me feel that the accident was minor. The car show no signs and thus I didn't even look at the Carfax until now. We have seen no frame damage and for a 10 year old car it is super clean in every respect.
As I said in my earlier Email please call or send me your number and we can talk. I want you to be 100% sure if you win and if you need to retract your bid no problem. With a no reserve auction there is another bidder behind you that will still win if it stays at there bid. I sell over 100 of these compact and performance imports a year with what I think is a really good feedback record. Most of my buyers are looking for cars to do engine swaps and performance upgrades so they are looking clean straight cars and this one is definitely a good value based on others I have seen listed with Ebay. If you decide to retract your bid, just say you have found another car and there will be no problem from my end. I have canceled one person already because she bid with 0 feedback and then hung up on us when we called without even talking to us.
I truly think this is a good Civic, with the accident being minor. Please make your decision and let me know if we can help answer any other questions.
Thanks! Jim

Other than the trim vein not quite lining up with 1/4 panel,it looks perfect.

DSC02045.jpg

i don't know. $2500 is a lot to pay for a 93 with 166K miles, and it's a base model. i say keep looking. good luck.

i dont think 2500 would be too much if it wasnt in an accident. course the accident was supposidly minor. theres no way to tell unless you saw it in person.

B Here is what I was thinking. Reason you are selling the sol is that the only way to put a roll bar in it is to loose the back window.

What I say, keep the sol and do a little bit of "coustom work" Not sure where the angeled peice would go but lest say it is in the center of the glass or where the glass rests. Here is what you do. Cut the window in three peices (have a professional glass/ricer shop do this. Then have the 3 inch section in the middle sationary then on the two sides, work some kind of tracks to make the two other sides have the ability to move up and down. This way you can have your 11 second car (10 on slicks) but still be able to have the wind in the air Bitch car. Everyone has a Civic, keep the sol. I am tell you this will work. This way it is not like your throwing money away on the teins, brakes, other suspension shit, sol vtec shift linkages ect. ect.......

The sol is great. I know you love it and this will be a better monatary route. Lets say you pay tops 1000 for the window, you still have a sweet looking car. As you said, your selling the car for 500, 3500 in parts. Your loosing way to much money.

Back