New Car Soon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, ive been doing a little looking around and i drove a Neon SRT-4 a couple of days ago, and i really liked it. anybody know anuthing or have any opinions about this car.

the SRT4 isn't bad. I have experienced the Neon Life and I don't like it at all. Too much work, not enough reward.

ima be bias and say look at a Ford Focus ZX3. sure laugh at my choice but its a good little car. they are easily upgradeable (Ford Motorsports even sells stuff for them), get good gas mileage and VERY roomy on the inside. im 6 foot and i have plenty of leg and head room in mine. dont limit yourself and say its gotta have turbo, gotta have this and gotta have that. you can add all that other bullshit later on down the road.

roomie cars are for pansies. Datsun Z's are 18 feet long and have a grand total of 8 cubic feet of interior space.

well after 3 years with the civic and countless time put into it im going to sell it. it hurts me deep inside to part with it, no seriously. that car got me through some rough times and it kept on going no matter how much abuse i threw at it, but i think its time to move on to a newer, more grown up type of car. ive been looking at the 2003 saab 9-3 turbo, subaru impreza wrx sti, VW jetta turbo, and some other cars mostly of german engineering. im selling the civic at the end of the school year to a kid in my class for $6000.:D

As somebody who just bought an STi, let me say this about the cars you listed.

Saab 9-3... Good car, Subaru Based.. Decent power, comfy, quiet.
STi... Balls out Power, 4 doors, same room as the 9-3, Noisy inside fair gas mileage.
VW Jetta.. Hope you like replacing trannies, coilpacks, MAF's, & Power Windows.

Then I saw your post saying $13k. Good luck finding an STi for $13k. I paid ALOT more than that, and I got a hell of a deal on my '04.

As somebody who just bought an STi, let me say this about the cars you listed.

Saab 9-3... Good car, Subaru Based.. Decent power, comfy, quiet.
STi... Balls out Power, 4 doors, same room as the 9-3, Noisy inside fair gas mileage.
VW Jetta.. Hope you like replacing trannies, coilpacks, MAF's, & Power Windows.

Then I saw your post saying $13k. Good luck finding an STi for $13k. I paid ALOT more than that, and I got a hell of a deal on my '04.

Congrats on the new car :)

As for the Saab - the 9-3 is pure saab, you're thinking of the 9-2x, its technically a WRX with a Saab front end.

I own an 06 9-3 and I love the car. I have also driven a 00 9-3 Viggen extensively and loved that car as well. Both have great power, the luxury amenities I think you're going for, turbo, and are plush to ride in. Gas mileage is great (better in the 06 - hit 600 miles on the tank for a road trip last summer to Vermont, 89 octane and has a 13 gallon tank!)

I'm in the market of trading in my truck and am having a dilemna as to what to get myself, so good luck!

That heavy of a car gets that kind of mileage ? Shit, They should try their hand at a turbo compact.

Thats 46mpg... Sorry Steve... I GOTTA call BS on that one... You SURE it has a 13 gallon tank? Even at a 16 gallon tank its still 37mpg...

600/13= 46.153846

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-3 4 Door Sedan Aero w/ the 2.8, it does 18/28 for mpg, and a 16gal tank.

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-3 4 Door Sedan Sport 2.0, it does 22/31 for mpg, and has a 16gal tank.

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-2 2 Door Convertible 2.0t it does 21/29 for mpg, and has a 16 gal tank.

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-2 2 Door Convertible Aero w/ the 2.8 it does 18/28 for mpg, and has a 16 gal tank.

Care to keep going Clayton? :D

And that is Impressive Mileage too!!

600/13= 46.153846

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-3 4 Door Sedan Aero w/ the 2.8, it does 18/28 for mpg, and a 16gal tank.

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-3 4 Door Sedan Sport 2.0, it does 22/31 for mpg, and has a 16gal tank.

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-2 2 Door Convertible 2.0t it does 21/29 for mpg, and has a 16 gal tank.

Looking at a 2006 Saab 9-2 2 Door Convertible Aero w/ the 2.8 it does 18/28 for mpg, and has a 16 gal tank.

Care to keep going Clayton? :D

And that is Impressive Mileage too!!

Its from rainman.

You guys suck when you miss a perfectly apparent allusion.

Back