new car time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

ok so heres the deal. has to have a backseat but not necessarily be a 4 door. would like it to be awd, but rwd is ok. would like it to be boosted, but na is fine.
heres a long list that ive thought about

bmw 330xi
audi s4
vw golf r32
volvo s60r
wrx sti
volvo s40 t5 awd
evo 8
bmw m3
lexus is300
scion tc
cadillac cts
dodge srt-4 <-- lolz
saab 9-3
mini cooper s
mazda rx8
infiniti g35
mercedes c320

ive thought about them all, some more seriously then others.
i think ive narrowed it down to either

bmw 330xi
or
volvo s40 t5 awd

any pro's/con's, thoughts or suggestions?

i was almost decided on the volvo but consumer guide gave it pretty shitty ratings ;(

Originally posted by micah@Feb 15 2005, 01:26 AM
ok so heres the deal. has to have a backseat but not necessarily be a 4 door. would like it to be awd, but rwd is ok. would like it to be boosted, but na is fine.
heres a long list that ive thought about

bmw 330xi
audi s4
vw golf r32
volvo s60r
wrx sti
volvo s40 t5 awd
evo 8
bmw m3
lexus is300
scion tc
cadillac cts
dodge srt-4 <-- lolz
saab 9-3
mini cooper s
mazda rx8
infiniti g35
mercedes c320

ive thought about them all, some more seriously then others.
i think ive narrowed it down to either

bmw 330xi
or
volvo s40 t5 awd

any pro's/con's, thoughts or suggestions?

i was almost decided on the volvo but consumer guide gave it pretty shitty ratings ;(
[post=460999]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats quite the mix, i take it by puting in a BMW and Mercedes in there you jave no budget limit.....So why don;t you buy an in in-between car and boost it? I also take it it has to be an import...I was gonna say check out the new chevy Cobalt Supercharged..My dads best friend runs Terryville Chevrolet, he said that lil car rocks

the volvo s40 t5 is basically the same just not as big.

awd, turbo, 4 door. only 218 hp but not as heavy. 236 ft lb of tq.
they are both pure sex, and im not a big fan of huge cars.

160_0502_S40_001.sized.jpg

160_0502_S40_004_CH.sized.jpg

and as far as budget goes. i wouldnt say i dont have one, but i could afford 1k a month car payment if i wanted to. im basically looking at up to 35k for a car, which i could get the s40 brand new with all the options i want for 32k. some of those cars (m3, s4, g35, s60r) i would get slightly used.

Porsche Boxters = Teh l4m3.

The only porsche worth it now is the GT2, which is more than all of those.

Skip the Cooper and the MB, I mean that's a lot of money .. If you got one, I'll buy it from you next year for half what you paid. Screw that, I know cars aren't investments but the loss of value these cars take is crazy.

Get a Civic Si hatch.

Or a Smart Roadster.

Id only get the volvo if you can make it look anything like that one you pictured, if not....S4. The new porsche boxter S's are anything but lame.

i'm glad you took the S4 off the list. i love those cars to death, but... they're such an expensive bitch to work on... it's crazy.

that volvo is nice... and i'm with that guy. the mazdaspeed 6 is gonna be great... AWD turbo. w00t. my dad has the mazdaspeed miata. talk about zoom zoom.

The Mazdaspeed 6 is gonna be *decent*, but it sure as hell won't compete with the STi or EVO. I forget where I read the article, but there are things with the AWD system, "safety features", intercooler placement, etc that will hold it back. That said though, it's nice that someone else is jumping into the turbo AWD game.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 15 2005, 12:56 PM
g35: :thumbsup:
g35 sedan :gay:

night and day y0
[post=461234]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but AWD manual isn't gay....and they only come in sedan form :(

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 15 2005, 12:49 PM
The Mazdaspeed 6 is gonna be *decent*, but it sure as hell won't compete with the STi or EVO. I forget where I read the article, but there are things with the AWD system, "safety features", intercooler placement, etc that will hold it back. That said though, it's nice that someone else is jumping into the turbo AWD game.
[post=461254]Quoted post[/post]​

i wasn't trying to infer that it WOULD compete. the STi and the EVO were meant for competition... the mazda 6 is just a sweet looking 'family' car imo. the AWD is smart, making it more agile... and turbo... well, why not, right? you never know tho... we may find that someone takes the 6 into a new realm... ;)

as far as making the s40 look like the one pictured, that would be easy :p

www.evolvecars.com

pics of that s40 and the blue s60r they made on that site. they make performance and cosmetic products for the new volvos so if i bought one yes it would look like that :p

and as far as buying a porsche.
1. im not a fan of them
2. just because i can afford it doesnt mean i want to.
3. i dont want a 1k a month car payment for the 6 years it would take to pay it off
4. i doubt i could get such an expensive car financed.

a 30-35k car shouldnt be hard to get financed with a 5k down payment and i have a cosigner

and for the main reason ive had second thoughts about the s40

average total rating for its class (premium compact car) - 57.3
s40 t5 got - 56 (granted they didnt rate the AWD version independently)

"they may be a little too pricey and not quite sporty enough to snare the young driving enthusiasts volvo targets. but s40 and v50 are solid, capable, and - without sport suspension/17 inch tire combination - comfortable small cars that offer most big volvo features in appealing compact packages. AWd availability strengthens the attraction."
- 2005 consumer guide auto rating guide

that made me think about the bmw 330xi some more since it got better ratings, but the s40 is so damn hot lol

and therein lies my dillema :p

Back