New Car/Truck Opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truck is more useful for my house

This pretty much says it all. I can't tell you how many times I've said "I wish I had a truck". I can get most of what I need with the wife's minivan (or manvan as my friend says) but a truck is on my list of wants.

The 99.5+ silverado's run forever. A co-worker of mine has one with 270k on it with original motor and tranny. He still tow's his searay with it. And he also has a newer gmc sierra and gets like 20mpg, with the mid-sized motor.

Both are 4x4's.

i ended up getting a nissan hardbody with 58k miles on it
2wd for the summer, 5 speed with a/c
still have the 4wd beater for winter use and the 02 taurus for daily driving which isnt the best on gas either
i was a little too wary of the cost of gas and i'd be putting all my eggs in one basket as i don't need various vehicles if i have a brand new one
that and when i compared a new car to the cost of a home, shit just didnt make sense to me

sorry

i was gonna suggest a Ford Ranger XLT with the FX4 package. good trucks and are really reliable and available in 4x4. plus they are one of the few minitrucks available you can still buy new. too bad Ford is ending them this year :(

I am surprised with how gas prices are that they aren't trying to do more with the minis. GM also needs to bring back the s10, not the sorry excuse the Colorado/Canyon. With the cafe laws I would think they could get more done on a smaller platform.

Back