new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tedwright

hey guys, just picked up a new car today, tell me what you think.

93 civic hatch cx
full xenon body kit
15" konig heliums, rims are brand new and tires are brand new
coilovers
projection headlights
clear corners
altezza taillights
gauge pod with a couple of gauges, big gay tach with a shift light
short shifter
aem cai
catback exhaust (ractive garbage)
everything behind the front seats is gutted, but he gave me everything with the car
clear title
about 65k miles, car is in beautiful shape except for the engine. he pulled in his driveway and it died....he was getting spark and gas, it would turn over but not fire, so he thought it jumped timing and ripped the head off. i have no idea why. this was like 3 days ago. he bought a truck and his mom said he had to get it out of the yard. i offered him 1000 for it, and instead of a laugh i got, "show me the money."

so i did.

and i prob should post this in the swap forum, but what do you guys think would be a good budget-minded swap??

btw, all of the ricer shit, altezzas, ect, will be for sale, im gonna post that shit up later.

D16z6. 125 Hp and it bolts up to everything stock for now. Engines run about $300-$500 depding on how stupid the seller is trying to get rich off a d series. ;)

damn you!!!

thats the kinda dela i'm looking for right now...

how did you come about finding it?

kid had it in town, always used to see it driving around. well i drive by his house almost every day on my way to work, and for the last week or so, ive noticed it didnt have the plates on it and its been sitting way in his backyard like off in the woods. i stopped and talked to him yesterday, he told me the story on it. i looked it over, it was clean as fuck. had loco honkey take a look at it, and offered him 1000. the way he jumped on it so quickly, i shoulda offered him 800 ;)

if dennis (crx-yem) flakes on buying my Z6, you can have it for $150 + shipping. needs a thermostat... and the tranny/clutch is going out.... but yours will bolt up to it (even though its long as fuck...)

shit, if youre in VT, you could come pick it up.... im in CT

$150 and all thats wrong with it is the thermostat??

how many miles??

what else would i need to drop it in my car??

and the cx tranny is crap as far as gearing??

where exactly are you located, find out of the dude is serious, i will come down this weekend and pick it up.

thanks!

its got about 165k on it...
needs a thermostat, cuz it over heats with the a/c on, and doesn't warm up at all in the winter. lol something is wrong that way- but runs find otherwise....

the cx tranny is long as fuck. its like the LS of d-series tranny's.

you can't pick it up this weekend... cuz its not out of my car yet.

i'm looking to do my swap in a week and a half, and will be avaible after that sometime. but again, dennis called dibs... and he's local also.

if you want the p28, add $100

haha alright, well if he decides he doesnt want it, i will take it, just keep in touch. ill prob take the p28 too, not sure yet though. and are you sure its just the thermostat and not like something major?? just hit me back when you know for sure if its sold or if its mine.

thanks

im pretty sure it's the thermostat. if not, its my cooling system/radiator, which isn't part of the motor anyway.

I'll keep you posted, but feel free to look elsewhere

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2003, 04:43 AM
if dennis (crx-yem) flakes on buying my Z6, you can have it for $150 + shipping. needs a thermostat... and the tranny/clutch is going out.... but yours will bolt up to it (even though its long as fuck...)

shit, if youre in VT, you could come pick it up.... im in CT

oh boy, Just saw this post, don't be selling my d16z6 yo.
and I'll also most likely need the p28 as well.

Hey Ted, I found a Metro... it's a white '96 with 81K miles, minor rust and front end damage (different color hood, some plastic around the headlight is busted, that's it), it has the 1.3L SOHC four cylinder, and it's a FIVE SPEED! It needs a new windshield to pass inspection, which would run about $135. I drove it and it drives fine. It doesn't weigh much more than a hatch, either- It's within 100 lbs. It has four new snow tires on it that you could probably sell for $100, and then figure the interior which is in perfect shape, I bet you could get almost a grand for all that if you parted it out on Ebay, including the power steering pump, HVAC crap, bla bla bla...

Oh, and the guy wants $350.

Now, here's what I propose with it... I was able to really look at the engine good... Weld up a really simple tubular manifold w/ bosses to accept Honda injectors. It's only a 1300cc motor, so regular 250cc Honda injectors will be enough. Then find an '88- '95 Civic/ CRX/ del Sol with MPFI, and grab the intake manifold, ECU, engine wiring harness, and ECU plugs, then swap all the sensors over to the fabbed up intake manifold and run the Metro on Honda electronics. The only reason for doing this is to go to an MPFI setup, and because I'm familiar with the Honda stuff (and it's cheap). Then you can either do an FMU or AFC hack for the fuel, and you're all set. The stock exhaust manifold is perfect for bolting a turbo to it. I'd have to make up a simple adapter plate like we talked about, and it'd be fine. The oulet is even round and the same diameter as an IHI turbo flange. :-D There's TONS of room behind the bumper for an FMIC. :) And tons of room under the hood for charge piping, ect...

Here's some math for ya-

Part Civic out and make about $2000.
Buy Metro for $350.
Sell all the shit out of the Metro and make about $1000.
Buy turbo shit and MPFI swap stuff for the Metro $1000.
Have $1650 left over for suspension and brake mods (whatever bolts to those Swifts will bolt to the Metro).

Just some food for thought...

well no matter what i do with the civic, ill pick that up. ill tty on aim about it.

thanks

Back