New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quad turbos...thats getting sort of excessive lol
and whats a W16 engine?..more specifically what does the W stand for?
180 mph in 14 seconds!!!!

Originally posted by silver@Aug 24 2003, 01:03 PM
quad turbos...thats getting sort of excessive lol
and whats a W16 engine?..more specifically what does the W stand for?
180 mph in 14 seconds!!!!

The W stands for the engine design. Ok let me explain, you probably have a 4 banner like i do, now looking at your engine with the head off, all 4 cylinders are lined up, hance thats why they call it an inline 4, or I-4, now to get into it a litle deeper, now on a V-6 the pistons are set off center, instead of the pistons moving straight up and down the move at an angle. Hence the V is the angle at which the pistons are at. if you were to look at a block, through the pullys not over the head, you will be able to see the pistons make a V shape. Now if you get this concept, which i am hoping you do, it will be simple to imagine the W-16, there are 16 pistons, all of which are placed strategically so they make a W shape, now if you were to look at this engine the same way as the V-6, you would see the the pistons make a W shape. I hope that answers your question.

And fro the turbos they have to use four, you wouldn't get enough boost using less than 4, basic it is 4 honda engines each having there own turbo. Basiclly one trubo for every 4 cylinders.

I hope I answered your questions for you.

You forgot to tell him about Boxer engines! If you look straight down on them the four pistons make an H pattern...which resemble a boxer with both his arms out. Hence the name Boxer engine...

:blink: :sleep:

lol thats what i thought the W was for...but it sounded sort of incredulous so i didnt want to believe it

to even have enough pistons (16!!) for a W is freaking insane..but i guess otherwise they wouldnt have been able to fit it lol

Originally posted by silver@Aug 24 2003, 02:16 PM
lol thats what i thought the W was for...but it sounded sort of incredulous so i didnt want to believe it

to even have enough pistons (16!!) for a W is freaking insane..but i guess otherwise they wouldnt have been able to fit it lol

your right it is pretty f*cking crazy to imagine, but u gotta remember, VW made the engine for the car, and they started that with the W-8, which when that came out i was like WTF, 8 pistons in a block no bigger than mine. So I come to think on it the pistons are probably 1 inch across. You know like tiny little ram rods. So i can imagine that the pistons on the w-16 have to be pretty small to fit them in.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 24 2003, 01:51 PM
You forgot to tell him about Boxer engines! If you look straight down on them the four pistons make an H pattern...which resemble a boxer with both his arms out. Hence the name Boxer engine...

sorry i don't know boxer engines thanks for covering my ass.

Cliff notes:

Twin V8, quatro turbo'd
0-180mph in 14 seconds
252mph top speed
7 speed manual with paddle shifter (no clutch pedal)
300 produced
~$1 million dollars each

I'd rather spend a million dollars elsewhere.

Originally posted by haccord141+Aug 24 2003, 08:30 PM-->
sleepergtx
@Aug 24 2003, 01:51 PM

sorry i don't know boxer engines thanks for covering my ass.

It's cool. Boxer engines aren't used that much. I know Porsche uses them in the Boxster and Subaru uses them all around in their vehicles. Those are the main two companies that use em, but I bet a handful of other cars have them, although they just aren't worth noting. ;)

Boxer engines are good because the pistons are working with each other, instead of against each other as with inline and V shapes. Which means less wear and tear and a longer lasting engine.

Subaru is one of my favorite car companies...I see a WRX and I start to drool profusely until it's out of sight.

for 1 mil i would never buy a car like that you could not drive it without swaeting bullets that some shit head is gonna rip it off or smash into you

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 24 2003, 04:04 PM
for 1 mil i would never buy a car like that you could not drive it without swaeting bullets that some shit head is gonna rip it off or smash into you

i couldn't even buy a BMW, without worring.

:repost: I put a link to it in the thread about what car we would get on an unlimited budget. Still sick as all hell.........

:withstupid:

I've been drooling over that car for at least 2 years.

I'm sure they've come up with bigger and better shit.

"What would you do if you had a million dollars?"
"I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man."
"That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?"
"Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money."
"Well, not all chicks."
"Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do."

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 25 2003, 07:08 AM
"What would you do if you had a million dollars?"
"I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man."
"That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?"
"Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money."
"Well, not all chicks."
"Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do."

hahahahahahahha

That's the best line in that movie. :D

Back