new car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I live in New England and have never had a problem with a manual in the snow.

ah ok, but like i said as long as you learn to use the clutch right, then its all good.

when you talk to your mom about it, just be like 'what? you cant trust me to drive a manual??"

it'll work man... lol

Man, that's just retarded. The wost part of snow/ice is going downhill and stopping. Both are easier in the snow/ice in a manual. No brake use FTW.

OR: let her buy you an automatic and do a manual swap ;x

i got a better idea

wait till it's icy out. go with your mom and test drive a few cars alright..

go for a ride in an auto and just drive like a doucebag, and be like "SEE i told you!"

lol idk man i'm really just joking... but chances are if she wants you to drive an auto, she'll be pretty pissed when you start dumping money into a 5spd swap... just sayin'

who cares what you buy, the goal is to buy the best car for the dollar, that means finding the lowest mile best condition car in your area. The last thing you want to do is sink all your money into a modded car that will break on you, or a car that needs work that will break on you.

Buy what runs good and will give you little trouble, even if it means buying an auto trans car.

Use car to go to work, go to work and save money, use that money to buy a 2nd car to work on. Then mod to your hearts content.

best buy in your price range?
91-94 Sentra SE-R
^He may be on to something.
Seeing this gives me the sick urge to check into one.
1001-6-129.jpg

^He may be on to something.
Seeing this gives me the sick urge to check into one.
1001-6-129.jpg

that looks sexy to me :)

i got a better idea

wait till it's icy out. go with your mom and test drive a few cars alright..

go for a ride in an auto and just drive like a doucebag, and be like "SEE i told you!"

lol idk man i'm really just joking... but chances are if she wants you to drive an auto, she'll be pretty pissed when you start dumping money into a 5spd swap... just sayin'

lol thats true. i guess im going to go with jeffie's idea

no buy a manual, swaps are a pain and you wished you could have avoided an auto to manny swap by just choosing a 5spd from the start

and trust me,

learning stick is a GREAT ability that we really dont imagine how cool it is to know

drivers ed and the license test should be on a manual car

if you want an auto after the fact go ahead and buy one... but everyone should know how to drive a manual first and foremost

that wasnt aimed at you particularly... just voicing my opinion on the matter... it amazes me how many people cant and wont learn to drive standard...

i dunno... its just kinda one of those skills i think everyone should have... whether they use it or not is completely up to them... but not knowing how to should never be acceptable

Yea you never know when you might need it. Maybe you're out rock climbing in the middle of nowhere and the person your with drove his Lambo. Said person falls and cell phones don't work out there. Don't you wish you'd have spent not even a day learning how to drive a stick. Far fetched as that may be you get the idea. Maybe you're friend just gets really drunk on campus and you've gotta drive his eg Si home cause you have to work in the morning. I can tell you that ones very plausible.

thats true. i like the idea that the drivers ed and the license test should be on a manual car

Back