New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I'm looking for suggestions on purchasing another car

I only want to spend up to 15'gs or so & something that can accomadate a baby seat.

I'd like to hear your suggestions in this range.

I don't care if It's a honda or not.. Just looks for a nice quick car, I was considering the Nissan Spec V, WRX, Vw GTI

lemme hear your suggestions!

Used WRX
Used 2002 Civic Si
New Civic
New Corolla
Used mid 90s 3 series BMW

What kind of style are you looking for?

Style doesn't really matter, Along that baby seat can go in & out easy..

I like the WRX, but the 2002 Civic si, they are kinda ugly but I like the potential of the k series

I haven't really looked into the corolla or bmw

WRX
Mid 90's Beamer sounds real nice
Accord is also decent

A baby seat fits comfortably in an EG hatch. I never had a problem lugging one around in my old one. I guess it was kinda a bitch to get out though.

WRX :D $1000 in mods, 60 horsepower and 70 foot-pounds. :)

The 2.5RS is also a decent choice (as B suggested) if you can't find a used WRX for that price.

Yea I'm leaning towards the WRX if I cannot find that in a decent price I think I'll go with the RS, Hey Dohcvtec accord, hows your insurance on the WRX?

Like B said.... 97-00 maxima and if you want it to fun get it in the 5 speed version of the SE .... $1000 and you beat WRX's with 5 grand in them.... :D

I guarantee that $1000 on a WRX will go alot further than $1000 on a Maxima. Why? Because dollars spent on a turboed car will outperform dollars spent on an N/A car. Anyway, for $1100, you can get a performance package from Vishnu (called "Stage 0") that includes an uppipe, underdrive crank pulley and a reflashed ECU. It takes the WRX from 227 stock horsepower up to about 280-285. Dyno-proven, of course. Case in point: While I had the car equipped with their "Stage 1" package (Stage 0 and a turboback exhaust) plus a bigger top-mount intercooler, I can the car custom dyno-tuned by Shiv from Vishnu. The guys at the dyno shop said that my car produced the highest numbers they'd ever seen on the stock WRX turbo (Mitsu TD04).

If you give me 5,000 to spend on a WRX, I'll have it into the low 12's at the dragstrip, and then take it out to the auto-x course and rip up the Maxima AGAIN. :D Trust me, comparing a Maxima to a WRX is worhtless. The WRX will own the Maxima in whatever test you put them through.

yah dude, get a wrx...those are the best performance sedans you can get for under 20 g's...maximas are good too, you might be able to find a newer maxima 2001+, for 15...and trust me, those are fast as shit! 255 horses and a nice smooth ride.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Sep 15 2004, 11:25 AM
Style doesn't really matter, Along that baby seat can go in & out easy..

I like the WRX, but the 2002 Civic si, they are kinda ugly but I like the potential of the k series

I haven't really looked into the corolla or bmw
[post=390626]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, get the WRX.

Its got more torque then spec V and Si have. . . . . . oh yeah, and it has more horespower.

Back