new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sinezter

aight so i want to get an ek hatch imported from japan.... here the website Honda Civic EL

what do you guys think? i herd that the car will be shiped here and they will only give you the car if it passes smog, is this true? so is it worth takeing the risk? and do you think a japan car would pass the emmitions here? what other risked could there be?

Buy a local newspaper, find a USDM model, buy that.

I know I wouldn't be happy with that 1.3L either.

Yeah why by that piece and go through all the hassle of getting in legalized.Then you'd have to swap it and in the end you still spent a lot of time/money just for a rhd. sounds retarded to me. guess i don't get the whole unpractical rhd thing. :confused:

Last edited:
There are millions of EK hatches in the states...

well i didnt plan on buying THAT ek... all i want is any rhd ek hatch... cuz im going to put a b18c or something, idono yet on what engine... any other ideas then, how to find a rdh ek

It's not worth it man. Everything here is for lhd. drive throughs, banks, everything. Don't tell nick, but RHD isn't worth the extra money you're going to spend. :D

well u might be right, but idono... its definatly not gana be soon, im just tryin to figure out what path i should take right now... and its looking more and more like i aint gana be able to get a rhd... how much do you think i would cost to convert to rhd then?

RHD is retarded. Spend your $$ on something worth while like an engine swap. If you've got so much extra cash just floating around you don't know what to do with it, there are many charities that would gladly take your cash.

unless your a mail man, RHD in the states is like banging ugly chicks.

it might be fun at first, but it gets old fast.

if you want something somewhat original, then why the hell are you going to get RHD
every assclown out there does RHD... its not even remotely original

you want original....

make it so you can drive from inside the trunk
run a screen back there that you can see the road with
and 3 smaller screens that will act like the mirrors
convert the car over to drive by wire and throttle by wire... run the steering and throttle to the trunk
hook up a servo to activate the brakes... run the control for that back to the trunk

customize the hell out of the trunk making it all kinds of plush and comfortable back there

then route the exhaust directly in to the trunk so your original ass dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

:bash:

Back