new cd player

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i bought a cd player for my car today. its a JVC KD-G200 cd player that i bought at Circuit City. my car doesnt have a radio for it thats why i purchased it. with tax it was $127.19. it came with free installation and 3 free cds (gotta send in paperwork for them) along with it which was a bonus for me. anyways, heres the link to check it out: JVC KD-G200 cd player

**edit** didnt get the install done because the installation kit is $50 for my car :eek: will get it next week after i get paid.

yeah the OEM radio is a double DIN size or something and i need the kit to convert to single DIN.

Yea I like my car, I just bought a CD player and slid it right in :) perfect size!

But damn man, 50 dollars seems kind of for a installation kit, did you have a fucking record player in there before or what?

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 1 2004, 11:55 PM
Yea I like my car, I just bought a CD player and slid it right in :) perfect size!

But damn man, 50 dollars seems kind of for a installation kit, did you have a fucking record player in there before or what?

LOL no. the OEM radio is a double DIN if i am not mistaken. heres a pic to show ya how big the hole is where the factory tape deck was:

s40660a783d0bb.jpg

if you look above the shifter and see the hole, thats the hole for the radio. its pretty damn huge in a 90-93 Integra. i am guessing some kinda tray slides in there making the radio a single DIN with some kinda spot to put stuff in under it. i dunno. i didnt get to look to see what the installation kit looked like and what all came with it. we will see what the kit looks like next week. i got some wiring to do tomorrow for it to get it prepped. there are Pioneer speakers in the car that arent wired up, so i gotta wire all those in and then all i have to do is get the installation kit and put it in and i should be rocking in no time :)

You know B...I got a little kit like that for free through crutchfield when I got my deck, yet I didn't use the little slide piece thing...before you go buy that, lets try to see if that piece will work for you.

Go to your local surplus unlimited, bennys, or anything like that..> They will have the install kit..> I bought the Install kit, wiring harness, & Antenna adapter for my blazer and it was $21. The reason they tell you its $50 is so they can make some money back on the "free install"

Not to mention installing it in a g2 teg is EASY... DIY!

:werd:

That's way too much for an "installation kit". Do it yourself- "free" install shops generally do a pretty crappy job wiring things up anyway. I've seen so many butt splices and twist connectors from Circuit City and Best Buy installs that it's not funny anymore.

when i installed a stereo in the 240sx, thats a double din as well... paid 20 bucks for a metra install kit from the local car audio store. 50 is a little intense. i had to modify the kit like hell to get it to fit. the 240's double din hole seems to be more like a trapezoid then a square.

also, i woulda shelled out a bit more for mp3 capability. :)

dayum...i thought i made a post of having it in my car?? i may not have but anyways, i put the cd player in a few weeks ago...LOL. heres a pic of it:

s409bef5ad94bb.jpg

i went to a local car stereo shop and bought the dash kit and wiring harness for less than $25 and i installed it myself. it sounds pretty damn good actually :)

I didnt see this past awhile back but... the stock stereo is not double DIN.. the stock stereo was actually DIN so there was a piece missing... from your car. on the stock stereo in integra's there was a little coin tray thin under the stereo.

JUST SOME FYI

Back