new cella-phone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Back at the first of the year my cell contract was up so when I renewed I went to GSM and bought a crapp LG G4050 and the camera attachment because it was the best thing they had that wasn't a billion dollars.

Well I went in to complain about the crappiness of the LG (which I started calling "the Less Good") and the acting manager Rick who I know from high school said they were taking all the LGs back because they only sold them for a short time and they have had a lot of failures.

So he offers me a Samsung with a camera and a few features straight across, or for 10 bucks more a Moto V555. So I got the Moto. It takes pics, videos, the wireless internet works better, the screen is a billion times better, I'm pretty happy.

So now I need to manually transfer all my phone book to my new phone.

I dunno why I posted this... probably because I have no life and nothing better to do than tell Hondaswap about my temporary good fortune. :p

I have an LG and it's a damn good phone, I've owned about 4 LG phones over the years.

Then again the phone is only as good as the provider. I believe the phone I have is only offered by Verizon. plus it helps when the phone you get isnt some cheap ass $0.00 after rebate phone. unless you know someone working there. I believe I paid $99.99 after rebates for my phone, VerisonWireless has it listed at $149.99 after rebate right now.

I paid about 100 after rebates for my LG, but my provider basically just bought a bunch of them from Cingular cause Cingular was dumping them.

The 4050 just happens to be mediocre and outdated.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 16 2005, 09:00 PM
I paid about 100 after rebates for my LG, but my provider basically just bought a bunch of them from Cingular cause Cingular was dumping them.

The 4050 just happens to be mediocre and outdated.
[post=527386]Quoted post[/post]​

That could be why.

I'm thinking so. It was the best they had to offer at the time, though, and I got upgraded for free to this sweet motorola, so I'd say it worked out :)

Infrared port? USB developers kit ? OS SDK ? Internet addressable?

My Siemens S40 was. What a great phone. Delicate little thing. I really miss it.

what ever happened to "business phones"?!

lg's are teh suck

i got the vx6000 when it first came out 2 years ago, it lasted for a while then broke, 2 times, then got stolen this february. From that time until last week i had 4 more phones brake and one that was shipped to me broken from the insurance company.

i just traded it in for the motorola V710, its badass

LG's suxxx ba*ls...

We've had cingular for over 5 years now..I always get their Motorola phones or sony erricsons...I've never had any problems with them...My wife in the other hand bought an LG ugly ass flip phone and the shit is garbage..It hardly has any features..and it just sux.. We get lucky because every year they give us an upgrade for free......
I should be getting another one this sept... I was looking in to the Motorola RAZR V3 for $49.99 or the palmOne Treo 650 for $150.oo....
I do get other phones for free but not interested in the shit they are offering me..I kinda like those mentioned above, and for that price shit..You cant beat that WITH A BAT....<--bahaha :)

my current phone is like 8 years old and it's an LG. it's a piece of junk.

I had this Samsung N400 for years until I broke it 3 days ago.

Did I mention the LG sucks?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 17 2005, 01:21 PM
my current phone is like 8 years old and it's an LG. it's a piece of junk.

I had this Samsung N400 for years until I broke it 3 days ago.

Did I mention the LG sucks?
[post=527521]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah..I think you did mentioned.. LG SUCKS

My friends all sported the LGs through highschool and at the time they were the best things out and had the most features. I will say that my friends were probably glad that they had insurance on the phones because they went through a lot of them.

Myself on the other hand had a piece of shit zach morris style audio vox throughout highschool (okay so it wasn't AS big as his phone, but it wasn't a flip phone) that had no features but weren't liked a charm and always got good reception.

I moved on in phones and now I have some chinsy LG that I got from AT&T/Cingular right before their merger was complete.

I received a free motorola razr v3 phone after doing a free www.internetopiniongroup.com survey and waiting for about 6 months. The razr was nice but wasn't all it was cracked up to be. When I would call my girl on speaker phone, she couldn't hear me. I would have to call regularly and then switch to speaker phone and sometimes she could hear me and sometimes she couldn't. The phone also was kind've "laggy" while taking pictures and stuff of that nature and I wasn't very impressed. The phone felt so fragile and didn't seem like it had much to offer so I sold it off on ebay before I broke it.

Back to the crappy LG, until I'm out of my 1 year contract in nov.

dont have any experiences with LGs but i got a moto v551

good phone but battery life is weird as hell

i get like 1.5 days if turned on continuously but like 5 days if i turn it off at night

before that i had a sony ericsson t616 good phone but the screen on the v551 is way beter

i have a real nice Sony Ericsson Camera phone in front of me. Plenty of options and shit. But I can't use it with Sprint.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 16 2005, 09:08 PM
So now I need to manually transfer all my phone book to my new phone.
[post=527363]Quoted post[/post]​

i hate doing that. i had an i710 up until like 3 days ago. bought it for $100, had 2 mail in rebates, 1 for $25, 1 for $75. i forgot about the $25 one, but i got the $75 after about 3 months after i mailed it, which was about 3 or 4 months after i actually got the phone. my friend had an i730 that had no service, and she didnt have service for mad long, so i asked her for it and she gave it to me. so ha, a free i730.

yeah the LG didn't save numbers to the SIM card. This motorola does, so this should be the last time I have to do it.

Hey battlePOOP...jk....
Cant you just use your SIM card and store all your numbers to your new phone?
Thats what I do...Then again i dont know which provider you have,..I know with cingular you can do it....

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 17 2005, 06:08 PM
yeah the LG didn't save numbers to the SIM card. This motorola does, so this should be the last time I have to do it.
[post=527648]Quoted post[/post]​

Ooops..Never mind...Took too long to post..bahaha...

I used to have an LG and it sucked bwalls. I just got a UTStarcom/Audiovox CDM8940. I like it :)

all you haters dissing on LG need to simmer down

ive had a vx6000 for over a year

ive dropped it into a bucket of beer twice, still works perfectly

dropped it out of my sunroof at 30 mph

fell onto it several times

its a great phone that will never die

Back