new clutch and flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

I finally installed my clutch and flywheel this past weekend. It nearly took me all weekend cuz of work, school, doctors, and other activites. oh yeah, while I was doing that I also raised the car back up with a set of 99 Si struts. my poor KYB/H&R struts are taking a little break. i had to raise it back up for this upcoming promotion i hope i should be getting. the ride height of my car was an issue when they were considering me cuz i will be lugging equipment and boxes around but i told them that i could have it to stock height that same day so i raised it so i can show them.

I'm am totally driving Miss Daisy right now cuz it's a new clutch.
It's a Competition Clutch stage 2 (kryptonite 2300 series) and an ACT Prolite (8.8lbs) flywheel. The throttle response has improved and it shifts nearly without any effort. the clutch pedal is slightly stiffer but it still doesn't compare to my Stang, now that takes some effort.

it's funny cuz i've stalled the car a few times already cuz the stupid flywheel drops revs too quickly and the clutch grabs right away. Hopefully once the clutch is broken in I should be able to test out both components at their full potential.

it's been a few years since my car had been at stock height. it's got a lot more body roll but it's easy as fuck going in and out of drive ways. i had totally forgotten how a stock civic feels like cuz my car has had aftermarket suspension components almost ever since i've had it. oh yeah and it understeers like a bitch.

just thought i'd share this with all of you.

Back