New Clutch..Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93preludesivtec

I just swapped a jdm h22 long block into my 93 si prelude. I used the stock h23 tranny, and an act xtreme plate/6 puck. The start is very rough (axles vibrate pretty bad) if I dont have at least 2600rpms going upon release. If I slightly release it at about 2600+ it is fine and shoots me right off.
1. Is this normal????
2. Also, my tranny is now stuck in 1st gear and the shifter is pointing back/left beyond where second would normally be, and wont move. I was pretty harsh on it before the swap, but am still wondering if the new clutch had anything to do with it.

I had a normal repair shop install the motor/hardware...somewhat respectable, then to honda to get wired. Yes they filled the tranny. This is my first racing clutch, so I'm not sure whats a normal feel. Are you supposed to be able to lauch at like 1500-2000rpms on a stock motor during a normal street light start??

um yes...hehe..dont try to do any crazy launches bro..take it easy and maybe your car will last longer..about the shifter being stuck check out your shift linkage that would be that problem..and with the clutch it will take a few days to smooth out a little

Back