New Clutch kit for B16a2 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phalanx217

Noobie question alert:

I had a B16a2 engine swap done a few years back and I'm looking to replace the clutch on it. When a swap is done and the tranny is "replaced", does that mean the clutch had to be replaced to or could you use the original clutch from my SOHC engine? Somehow I think I'm using the original clutch so does that mean I have my original tranny or could the mechanic have replaced the tranny but used my original clutch? Please don't flame a noobie, I'm just looking for advice on how to continue looking for a replacement clutch kit and possibly a new flywheel.

Actually I may have answered my own question. I believe the clutch is the original JDM clutch as part of the swap. So, I guess a clutch kit for a B16a2 should do. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should buy with personal experience.

Owell ill answer anyway. The clutch and flywheel i always use is the exedy stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Lightweight flywheel. This set up is like 350 bucks on ebay and exedy is good shit. And Fidanza Mkaes good quality Flywheels.

Back