1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Clutch kit for B16a2 Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Phalanx217, May 25, 2007.

1. Phalanx217

Phalanx217 New Member

Noobie question alert:

I had a B16a2 engine swap done a few years back and I'm looking to replace the clutch on it. When a swap is done and the tranny is "replaced", does that mean the clutch had to be replaced to or could you use the original clutch from my SOHC engine? Somehow I think I'm using the original clutch so does that mean I have my original tranny or could the mechanic have replaced the tranny but used my original clutch? Please don't flame a noobie, I'm just looking for advice on how to continue looking for a replacement clutch kit and possibly a new flywheel.

2. Phalanx217

Phalanx217 New Member

Actually I may have answered my own question. I believe the clutch is the original JDM clutch as part of the swap. So, I guess a clutch kit for a B16a2 should do. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should buy with personal experience.

3. Phalanx217

Phalanx217 New Member

Please delete. I didn't realize clutch problems weren't supposed to go here until I read the sticky. My bad.

4. lewellgd

lewellgd 92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI

Owell ill answer anyway. The clutch and flywheel i always use is the exedy stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Lightweight flywheel. This set up is like 350 bucks on ebay and exedy is good shit. And Fidanza Mkaes good quality Flywheels.

5. Phalanx217

Phalanx217 New Member

Thanks, I ended up getting an Exedy clutch from Ebay afterall.

6. lewellgd

lewellgd 92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI

Ebay Is good for some stuff like clutches but somethings are very poor quality.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted