new clutch what to look for?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

e20stein

I am putting a new clutch in my 94 prelude. its has an h22a motor with a 94 h23 transmission. I have full exhaust and intake.. what should i look for in a clutch. any suggestions. i don't want to spend more then 425- 450

You really don't need anything really agressive if you just have an intake and exhaust. if your budget is that high, I would spend the money on an exedy clutch, like this one...

eBay Motors: EXEDY CLUTCH X-LITE RACING FLYWHEEL 92-01 HONDA PRELUDE (item 150125277437 end time May-29-07 19:56:20 PDT)

This clutch comes with a lightweight flywheel too, which will help your revs.

also, if you want a little more grip and are willing to sacrifice a little driving ease, a 6 puck clutch would be nice. I've never really had problems with my 6 puck except for breaking it in. it took a little while to make it comfortable.

I think you can stay way under that budget and be satisfied. Don't get carried away with some massive stage 3 clutch or something, you dont' need it with the power you're making.

Back