New Computer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Welps, one of my friends asked me to build him a gaming computer for cheap so this is what I threw together.

Processer: AMDX2 5600+ ($105)
Motherboard: ECS Nforce6MA (came w/CPU)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master HyperTX2 (free)
RAM: Crucial 2X1GB DDR2800 ($19.95)
Video card: EVGA 8800GS ($110)
Power Supply: Antec Trio 430Watts ($15)
Burner: Samsung 203B DVDR/W ($26)
Hard Drive: 500GB Maxtor w/16MB Cache ($95)
Case: RaidMax Ninja ($30)

The price comes out to roughly $450 after about $100 in rebates. Awesome prices on the parts especially the CPU cooler, power supply and processor. The processor alone is usually $130 and the power supply is usually $60. You can usually get these kinda prices at Fry's during holiday events.

The processor overclocked very easily to 3.0ghz and stays nice and cool with the HyperTX2. It idles at 26C and loads only at 42C. As for the video card, the EVGA one is basically a 8800GT with some RAM disabled, 128MB to be exact and disabled bandwidth. But at the gaming resolutions he's doing, that wont affect performance at all. It overclocked very easily to 8800GT speeds. 3DMark06 at defualt settings came out to about 9300.

For those interested, Ive been making a guide to a DIY computer build. Its been in the making for about a year :ph34r:. Hopefully Ill post the guide up with some pics tomorrow since Ill have a day off, thats in the making for a long long while.

Back