new crx project...what motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

:mrgreen: hey guys.....i just got an 89 crx si from this guy i know and its pretty mint....got hit in the rear but easy fix....anyhow.....what kind of motor do you guys think is really good to just swap in there with regular bolt ons like i.h.e and fuel upgrades....my budget is around 600 just for the motor.....i have an si tranny so if i go d-series or zc im pretty much set....im also thinking of turbo but a sorta home made turbo deal.....shootin for at least a nice 200 to da wheels.....let me know what u guys think! :mrgreen:

if you want to turbo dont even waste your time on i/h/e. ls is a good way to go. lots of other routes you can go after 200hp gets old

so all i would need is a mount kit and shift linkage right...no wiring problems if i get an obd0 ls and a pr4 ecu right? :blink:

you say " ..... crx Si in mint ". Hmmmm.... replace the water pump and timing belt ( if not already done) then boost what you have. Put a kit together yourself and 200+ is easy on only $600. Id in vest in a healthy clutch first, atleast a higher capacity pressure plate. If you insist on swapping though, finding a recked teggy and yanking everything you need from it ( and sending me the rear disc conversion for my hatch :wink: ) could be done for under $600 and will be a sweet canidate later on in own3rship for NA or boost.

i was aklso thinking of this (let me know how this setup will be performance wise) i have the d16a6 setup in my si...i was going to put all new seals,bearings,gaskets, and then drop brand new d16y8 pistons with z6 rods and new piston rings while keeping the stock head and block then boosting it....how will this whole setup perform and will it be reliable on low boost for everyday driving :blink:

HOLY SUPER MEGA FOLGERS CAN TIP!!!!!!! :laugh: j/k it looks aight....friend of mine had a 5" rolled brospeed tip on a shitty ass HF rex. It wasn't fast but people thought the exhuast was some form of anti-aircraft weapon. Any way Ive got a build up going on similar to Blancos and it sounds like your goal is within reach if you use this similar setup. good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]

the exhaust is by tsudo ( a knock off but herd they sound sick) and thanks for the cat compliment

actually my bro has one on a 89 crx, with a gsr swap, and it sounds like shit. just my 2 cents. its really raspy and hi pitched.

as far as a turbo kit, a friend of mine has a $500 slapped together kit on a ls/vtec in a eg hatch, and hes doing 260 to the wheels @ 8-9 pounds. he just did 13.4 at englishtown on some shitty tires. and stock fuel. His car had so much potential. he just needs to get injectors and a fuel pump.

hes running a borg/warner turbo off of a cummings deisel truck. he got it for like 50 bucks from a junk yard.

Back