new d16a6 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lancemah

just picked up a 93 hatch with a d16a6. there WAS a turbo set up on it.
i picked up a full kit for it, and ran into a problem. the fuck nut that had the old set up on it, had the turbo oil drain going into the lowest part of the front of the pan. i know it should be above oil level. will this cause to much back pressure to the turbo? i cant even tell you were this dick smack had the turbo feeding either!!!!! well i took the filter and its mount off to get a better look at the oil sensor(for the feed line), that little gasket behind it (oil mount) fell off and grew legs and took off for the summer. is this "gasket" just gasket.? i didnt get a good look at it on its way down. plastic, metal,?

so, recap
-what should i do about the hole in lower oil pan? will it work?
-and that stupid gasket between the block and oil flter mount. metal, plastic...
thanks

ideally the hole for the drain should be above oil level. i wouldnt drive a car that was setup that way. it could cause the oil to back up in the return line, and possible oil starvation.

the gasket between the block and oil filter mount is rubber i believe, i think its an o-ring. i have one in my basement for an accord and its a rubber o ring.

Back