New daily beater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
I ordered my first new car today. 2013 Civic Si Sedan. The cool thing is that it will be born in Canada on my birthday. I probably wont take delivery till mid May though. It's a 30k mile/year lease, zero down, all maintenance and expendables covered, and I get a new car every year. Not bad. The only thing that sucks is that they don't let us order them with summer tires:(

I'm pretty excited. These cars are actually very underrated. I thought that it was an epic failure until I actually drove one. 201hp, 170tq, 6 speed, LSD, a hair under 2900lb - it should be a blast to drive. I can't think of ANY new sedan that is better for the money.

Time to change my screen name...

It will look something like a dis
tl6YEqz.jpg

20222d1362298462-just-got-my-si-car2.jpg

2013-honda-civic-si-sedan-interior-photo-489472-s-1280x782.jpg

So do they go to local dealerships when you're done? Are these the "Certified Pre-owned" cars when you're done with them?

focus ST

kia forte / optima

you missed out on these "best bang for buck" cars :)

focus ST

kia forte / optima

you missed out on these "best bang for buck" cars :)

I said for the money. These SI's are $23k. An ST, while badass, is quite a bit more. The Optima is an over-styled POS - new Accord smokes it on all fronts. The new Forte is really nice, but isn't nearly as sport oriented as this car. The blown 1.6 that Hyundai has kinda sucks. It doesn't feel nearly as strong as the power #'s indicate. YES I have driven them.

Yes, these cars go to auction after 1 year.

that isnt a bad price at all! for some reason i thought they were much more money.

i think the issue with the turbo 1.6 is the curb weight of the kias. it works for the veloster, which is nearly 500 lbs lighter. the new accord looks ugly/huge and i absolutely love the sharp look of the optima.

my second choice for a car in this range would probably the the forte koup or elantra GT but that one doesn't have 200 horses.

The veloster is a 1.6 turbo? I didn't know that.

Nice car man, I'm really diggin it

the 'turbo' volster is.

I'm not huge on the styling of the entire product line of Honda/acura these days. I feel like we're in the 'bangle' era of Honda.

I still think an M would've looked nicer in your driveway. Nonetheless, it's a pretty BA car. Bring that ricer out here to UT so I can bomb it down Cottonwood Canyon this 4th of July.

You could pick up a base ST for around 24k without all the extras.

But you work for Honda, so why would you even consider a Ford. What kind of payment do they get you on these things?

Sweet car man! Definitely not what I expected when I clicked on the thread.

the interiors badass in these cars, but I like how you took 2 pics of the car and then a pic of the interior somewhere of the interwebs, hows the car feel driving performance wise ? buddy of mine has a 2010 si coupe and its pretty fun too drive, my sho blows the doors off it stock though, in a straight line that is, his car handles like a dream compared too my boat

Last edited:
the interiors badass in these cars, but I like how you took 2 pics of the car and then a pic of the interior somewhere of the interwebs, hows the car feel driving performance wise ? buddy of mine has a 2010 si coupe and its pretty fun too drive, my sho blows the doors off it stock though, in a straight line that is, his car handles like a dream compared too my boat
Reading is fundamental...

I probably wont take delivery till mid May though.

nice y0.... i didnt see anything about a turd in the thread title, what are you doing in here dickskate?

Thanks guys. I really can't say how much the payment is other than that it's a steal. I spent a weekend with a 12' SI coupe, and also spent a few days doing some "spirited driving" in SE Ohio for work. That experience sold it to me. They are pretty awesome. The 2.4 is much more grunty and flexible compared to the K20, and you still get some VTEC changeover noise. What sucks is that the gearing is unchanged from the K20 cars but it now cuts fuel at 7300. The other downside is that these have a cast-in exhaust manifold - meaning it won't respond as well to NA mods.

yup im a fucktard, apologies on not reading then making smartassery comments lol its deff a nice car, not quite sure yet how I like the 2013 styling yet though, cant wait too see what kind of aftermarket support the cars get here shortly , I eat sleep and prey one day in the near future they will make a crz si

Back