New daily beater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That car is pretty though. I would rather own this Civic than ANY of the cars mentioned in this post.

Good choice man !

Just for giggles, tell me what this averages for fuel economy.

Thanks guys. I really can't say how much the payment is other than that it's a steal. I spent a weekend with a 12' SI coupe, and also spent a few days doing some "spirited driving" in SE Ohio for work. That experience sold it to me. They are pretty awesome. The 2.4 is much more grunty and flexible compared to the K20, and you still get some VTEC changeover noise. What sucks is that the gearing is unchanged from the K20 cars but it now cuts fuel at 7300. The other downside is that these have a cast-in exhaust manifold - meaning it won't respond as well to NA mods.
The new motor is a 2.4? Nice!

And why the fuck are these car companies doing the cast-in exhaust manifolds? Grind that shit off and tap some holes to attach a proper header. :p

The Si is nice. I absolutely Love the seats. Don't they also have some gauge for VTEC or something on the dash? I beleive it was something they did when they came out with the 2.4 in 2012.

I'd like to see a SHO beat an Si. I've seen 4 door Si (2.0) with intake and exhaust hit high 13's and I've been in the later year SHO....I'm skeptical.

what happens if the manifold cracks? it seems like a terrible idea

i don't think cracking it will be the problem. your aluminum heads don't crack (well, normally)... right?

the iron bolted to it has a much better possibility of cracking.

11377_14745_ZOM.jpg

besides - instant turbo manifolds.

integrated-exhaust-manifold.jpg

The Si is nice. I absolutely Love the seats. Don't they also have some gauge for VTEC or something on the dash? I beleive it was something they did when they came out with the 2.4 in 2012.

I'd like to see a SHO beat an Si. I've seen 4 door Si (2.0) with intake and exhaust hit high 13's and I've been in the later year SHO....I'm skeptical.

No shit? 13's? That's a lot quicker than I thought.

what do you think of them in the 2008-2011 years? the wife is getting a new car soon and its somthing ive been looking at but i want a 4dr, curious of your opinion

Last edited:
The 8th gen is a better car to mod, the 9th gen is a better car to DD. The cast in manifold is so that the catalytic converter heats up faster. It reduces cold start emissions. Dumb if you as me...

The Civic was FMC'd (full model change) for 2012. The 2012 had a shitty interior and got smoked by consumer reports (still best selling car in it's class). For 13' Honda changed the grill, bumpers, deck lid, tail lights, wheels. The interior got a soft touch dash. Mechanically, it has stiffer sway bars, has thicker glass and insulation for NVH, and has a quicker steering ratio.

I was at SEMA a few years ago for work (Nov. 2011). Bisi had a 1000hp 12' Civic Si at the Honda booth. He achieved that by porting the cast in head manifold an enormous turbo.

Yes, it has a Vtec light. This is by far the gayest thing about this car. I hate it.

The 8th gen is a better car to mod, the 9th gen is a better car to DD. The cast in manifold is so that the catalytic converter heats up faster. It reduces cold start emissions. Dumb if you as me...

The Civic was FMC'd (full model change) for 2012. The 2012 had a shitty interior and got smoked by consumer reports (still best selling car in it's class). For 13' Honda changed the grill, bumpers, deck lid, tail lights, wheels. The interior got a soft touch dash. Mechanically, it has stiffer sway bars, has thicker glass and insulation for NVH, and has a quicker steering ratio.

I was at SEMA a few years ago for work (Nov. 2011). Bisi had a 1000hp 12' Civic Si at the Honda booth. He achieved that by porting the cast in head manifold an enormous turbo.

Yes, it has a Vtec light. This is by far the gayest thing about this car. I hate it.

Thanks. It'll be a dd for my wife. I'm also lookin at tsx's

Thanks. It'll be a dd for my wife. I'm also lookin at tsx's

This was exactly my recommendation. You get so much more in a tsx. I have numerous friends that have them for DD and I'm considering one down the road as well as a commuter when my car finally dies.

This was exactly my recommendation. You get so much more in a tsx. I have numerous friends that have them for DD and I'm considering one down the road as well as a commuter when my car finally dies.

Yea they just cost more lol. The max I'm willing to spend is 20 but would prefer 15

Shorty for the thread jack

I have heard that the TSX is the highest quality and most durable car of Honda's lineup... It doesn't hurt that it's one of the few still built in Japan. My only complaint about the 2nd gen is that the steering is too lifeless. Good luck finding a 6 speed one.

No shit? 13's? That's a lot quicker than I thought.

I forgot to add the reflash too. Oops.

Also....06-08 TSX motor has better camshafts than the older ones. I like the cars. Guys take a 06 TSX (K24A2) in an EG and can hit high 11's (24.5" slicks) with just a few bolt ons (no cams or anything like that)

Last edited:
Back