New Day New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the new S2000 will have a 2.2, but still with 240 hp and the increased displacement will up the torque delivery at the lower rpms. I doubt it will be slower because weight will still be at 2810 lbs. Redline will be at 9000 rpm like it is now...why would they change that? that's one of the selling points of the damn car.

Thanks for deboing my post with all that lovely S2k talk.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 24 2003, 10:43 PM

I'm the guy that looks shit up when i don't know. That way people don't run around trying to get me to believe made up shit.

and if he cant find anything, he usually asks me to help him out.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp+Sep 28 2003, 06:44 PM-->
sleepergtx
@Sep 24 2003, 10:43 PM

I'm the guy that looks shit up when i don't know. That way people don't run around trying to get me to believe made up shit.

and if he cant find anything, he usually asks me to help him out.

Because Brian already knows everything.

Why? because if he isn't at work he's on the internet bugging me. :lol:

hey not only do i bug you, i also surf the net and watch TV on my pc all at the same time :p

Originally posted by gyallis@Sep 24 2003, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, probably don't remember me much, unless your a MOD that told me :newbie: 6 months ago. Anyway, I was saving to get a new (used) civic, just 2 weeks away from a 95si, when the most unbeleivable thing happens....

My mother talks me into getting a newer car, she'll help pay for it as long as I don't invest 5g's into it and wrap it around a ford explorer again(remember me now?).

Yesterday I picked up my new ride.... a 2001 ex coupe.... I know i know, whooopeeee...SIKE!

ITS SLOW AS FUCK, but gotta love it. Thank god my moms, wont stop the black 17's and the lack of an inch and a half(ride height) I will have by next week.

Maybe someday it will be an EX Type S, but for now I may go forced induction by spring(hahaha mom wont know the difference). What do you guys think I should do in the long run, or better yet I need to add 30 horses to this baby fast before I die of boredom, and the interior becomes old.

:newbie:

Originally posted by gyallis@Sep 24 2003, 06:21 PM
My mother talks me into getting a newer car, she'll help pay for it as long as I don't invest 5g's into it and wrap it around a ford explorer again(remember me now?).

Yesterday I picked up my new ride.... a 2001 ex coupe.... I know i know, whooopeeee...SIKE!

ITS SLOW AS FUCK, but gotta love it. Thank god my moms, wont stop the black 17's and the lack of an inch and a half(ride height) I will have by next week.

Maybe someday it will be an EX Type S, but for now I may go forced induction by spring(hahaha mom wont know the difference). What do you guys think I should do in the long run, or better yet I need to add 30 horses to this baby fast before I die of boredom, and the interior becomes old.

Why don't u just leave the car alone and honor your moms wishes man!!! She just bought you a fucken brand new car!! I have to work for eveything I have...and it ain't much!

If you wanted to build a fast car you should of said no to your mother and bought the 95 si and went from there!

It sounds like you are bragging about something your mom gave you!

Originally posted by SLA+Sep 28 2003, 02:37 PM-->
@Sep 24 2003, 06:21 PM

Why don't u just leave the car alone and honor your moms wishes man!!! She just bought you a fucken brand new car!! I have to work for eveything I have...and it ain't much!

If you wanted to build a fast car you should of said no to your mother and bought the 95 si and went from there!

It sounds like you are bragging about something your mom gave you!

last time I checked 2001 isn't brand new buddy

Yes, the redline will be lower, at least that is what I heard. Look at the new SI's, vs. the 99-00 ones. Same power, new SI has more torque, and the redline is 1200 RPM's lower. Don't know why it would be that much slower, but I am sure with a new ECU the redline could easily be bumped up to 9,000 RPM.

Originally posted by FFCiv@Sep 28 2003, 02:44 PM
[last time I checked 2001 isn't brand new buddy

WOW!! Big fucken woppy do!!! Sorry man two years old!! Can you sense my sarcasim?

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Sep 24 2003, 10:34 PM-->
Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Sep 25 2003, 03:31 AM
civicious
@Sep 24 2003, 09:26 PM
i wonder...if somehow you did put an s2000 motor (F20A, i think) in a 95 hatch, what kinda times would it run?

honda claims a stock S2K runs 14.1 in the 1/4 mile...and i think the S2K weighs 2800lbs.

Close. it weighs 2810 lbs

S2000

2000 Honda S2000
0-60: 5.2
1/4 Mile: 13.8
1/4 Speed: 100
Transmission: Manual

2003 Honda S2000
0-60: 6.3
1/4 Mile: 14.9
1/4 Speed: 95
Transmission: Manual

dude sleeper you are the master of car stats...i dont know how many threads ive been in, and you have been correcting facts or posting up crap to prove people wrong. it amazes me.

Back