new dc4 build... first one documented

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here she is, in all of her glory (or not) when i first got the wife this car back in 2006, it was MINT!! unfortunately, she learned how to drive in this car.. so she tore it up pretty good.. now its been handed down to me, and she actually WANTS me to built it up!! just little by little...it is a bone stock 2001 gs integra. i added the gsr wing and rims for her birthday last year... lets see how this turns out...
first order of business, take care of all the maint. issues, like water pump, timing belt, replace shot bushings, its got an oil pan gasket that's starting to leak, and ive noticed the valve lash starting to get a little noisy when cold.. so replacing valve cover gaskets and cam plug will be in order...

need for the slipping trans to last me till tax season for the manual swap... an automatic trans for a 2001 integra is not cheap, and i want to avoid swapping it out for another automatic unit since i want to convert it to manual anyways... oh well, here we go again...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 327
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 335
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 006-1.jpg
    006-1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 295
  • 005-1.jpg
    005-1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 310
so... keep the abs thats giving me issues right now, or delete it??? my integra that got stolen didnt have it.. and controlling the braking on that car seemed easier....

I wasn't saying rip it out because it sucks. I was just pointing out that if it's acting up, it'll cost more than the cars worth to fix/replace it. And my RS didn't have it from the factory, so it's not completely required.

I wasn't saying rip it out because it sucks. I was just pointing out that if it's acting up, it'll cost more than the cars worth to fix/replace it. And my RS didn't have it from the factory, so it's not completely required.

It's not always that hard to fix- replace a module, sensors, or the sensor wheels. But yeah, can be easier to just rip it all out.

This is mildly off topic of the actual build, but as far as "killswitches" and the whole tow truck being used to steal cars. They make Tilt Sensors for cars to wire into the alarm. Where if its armed, and the car is lifted via jack or truck (aka tilted) it will set the alarm off. Maybe invest in this feature for the new project.. Just atlittle reassurance or something.

Other then that, i wish you luck on the new build.

put this in the center arm rest and hook it up to the alarm / tilt switch

4%2007%20C-4%20block%20m.jpg

probly a good idea to have full coverage on the car too... because while the thieves wont be getting your car, you wont be getting it back either
but on the plus side...
with full coverage you will get reimbursed for the car, and there will likely be a few less car thieves in the world

well, the integra thats long gone never had abs... and i guess i got used to that, because when the wife's abs was working, i felt like it would "intrude" under emergency conditions... now that its fucked up... it works as if no abs was there... too early in the build to decide what im going to end up doing with the abs...im going to tackle the check engine light for an evap leak... this keeps getting better and better...

what dickskate?? doesnt look like he bought anything..

It's like he feeds off of negative rep, lol. He just can't go for long without accumulating some...

sweet, just pulled the trigger on a full itr suspension (struts, springs, lca's) next in line are the skunk2 upper control arms, and spc rear camber and toe adjusters... pics up as soon as i get them...

Last edited:
dammit... now i dont know what to do again... the more i look at this car...the more i notice the "parking lot rage" my wife inflicted on it... i keep thinking " just sell it and pick up a southern car... what would you guys do???

i want to keep this thing long term... like i was planning with the one that got stolen... still no word on that car of mine by the way... its going on two months that its missing now,,,,

Back