new dc4 build... first one documented

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And of course, couldnt do it without the aid of my little guy!!! Sometimes he get in the way and plays more than he helps, but didnt we all???

Ordered a turd auto to manual upper trans bracket from ebay, fitment was shit. So i spent most of today measuring and drilling out this bracket... Just need to modify the shifter opening, and figure out the wiring...

Attachments

• image-933325925.jpg
    image-933325925.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 259
  • image-35049604.jpg
    image-35049604.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 239
  • image-1765435540.jpg
    image-1765435540.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 251
Why can't you use a manual trans upper mount? 92-00 Civic is the same as 94-01 Integra. The part welded to the car should be in the same place.

Its about three inches too short... That and i was already pissed about wasting 50 bucks on the piece of shit from ebay. I mean, maybe it would fit... But i didn't want to spend more money on the same part. That and i alao ordered the same motor mount insert kit twice without realizing it... The wife aint too happy about all the money going into her old car...

What's the piece of shit in the picture for the end RH tranny mount? Which part came from eBay? The black or the aluminum looking piece? If you lived around here we could fabricate/repair the original. :)

Not exactly sure what I'm looking at in the snapshot. I can see why you're pissed off.

Last edited:
I ordered this turd on ebay, and it bolted up to the trans... Only it was about an inch and a half away from the frame mount... So i used the original auto transmission mount, combined with the aluminum piece, and another piece from the trans mount (not seen) to make up a sturdy trans mount... I ordered the auto to manual conversion mount from ebay to avoid having to fab something up last minute, and had to do it anyway...

Attachments

• image-3156405798.jpg
    image-3156405798.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 221
Are you extra positive that this car is straight?

Yes. Car's never been in a wreck... Im not an expert, but i did pick up a few things working at a frame shop... Unless there was a specific difference for 2001 that i dont know about...

The stick is in and the car is up and running again!!! Woohoo!!!

Attachments

• image-747468747.jpg
    image-747468747.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 224
Looks like some weight reduction took place.

Nah, i put it all back together.. I like my car's interior complete... And functional... Cupholders, a/c and all.. The kids have to be comfortable, and i need a place to put the baby's bottle... Lol

funny you should mention that... the front end sits a full inch and a half higher now with the manual trans in it... next up ill be tackling the suspension and alignment...not sure when ill install the exhaust... its kinda nice rolling around and not being hassled by the cops.

No real updates so far, still have to wire up the neutral safety switch and the reverse lights, right now, just enjoying rowing thru the gears... Need to lose the cushy suspension tho... Its cramping the crap outta my style!! Lol

went to a chicagojdm.com car meet/cruise. had an AWESOME time there. lots of nice cars, ladies and cool people... the douchebaggery was unusually low tonight!! cant wait to go back!!!
427402_4273455520752_2105484406_n.jpg

Back