New Discussion Topic: Homeless People

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Alright, so I was cruising the interwebz and I happened to stop by another Honda-themed forum, which shall remain nameless (alright, yeah it was Honda-Tech). Anyways, I noticed a post in their general discussion forum which I thought was generating some really interesting responses, so I figured I'd pose the question here and see what Hondaswap has to say on the subject...

Anyways, the question is:

Do you ever give money and/or handout to bums or homeless people? Why or why not?

i saw an old hippie holding a sign that said will work for food once. i got him a burger and some fries from wendy's. ill usaully help someone out, whats 5 bucks. only if it looks legit thou

I was homeless for 3.5 years I never bummed anyone. I remember thinking when people tried to give me money(10 or 20), that they could use it better than me to save themselves. I needed real help like a good job and a place to live $20 don't cut it. I found some good friends and things slowly got better.

i don't give shit to beggars.

entertain me.

sing me a song.
play some garbage can drums
be a mime

and i'll drop some coin for the entertainment you provided me.

it's kinda like working

im in the city often, if i gave a few bucks to every homeless person i saw i would be flat broke.

I gave a homless guy a fun sized bag of M&M's once...

When i walked out there he was digging in a trash can and I didnt think they really did that. But when i saw that they do i was happy i got to see it ...

But the homeless people around where i live are all from a shut down psyc-ward ... so they are poor and crazy.

i don't give shit to beggars.

entertain me.

sing me a song.
play some garbage can drums
be a mime

and i'll drop some coin for the entertainment you provided me.

it's kinda like working

:concur:

assholes simply begging usually get ignored... if they are persistent they get told off / humiliated

money is passed for services or entertainment only...

i gave a homeless guy in NYC $10 once for washing all of the windows on my car... i have never seen a window that clean in my life

gave a few $ to a guy in hartford one night that was playing a ton of kick ass old songs on the street.... i had more fun standing in the crowd in the rain singing along with everyone than i had at the 3 bars i hit that night

i gave a guy in montreal a $2 coin for jugling a bunch of odd sized and shaped objects while standing on a basketball... he had people watching toss him extra items or catch items... i was impressed

i gave $5 to a group of street performers in chicago after watching their act... one of them did a no handed flip over i think it was 12 or 14 people... again, i was impressed

i use to give pennies to "the penny man" in my town growing up... he was a little "off" i guess you could say... he would not take any silver coins, just pennies... and he would not take the penny from you... you had to throw them on the ground... he would dance a little jig and pick it up... he was just a cool eccentric old man

Spokane has a shitload of homeless people.
Ive given out money once, and thats because the guy was missing a leg and I felt bad for him. There's a lady around here that claims to be homeless but really isn't in a sense. She was living a normal life, then her husband was shot in front of her. She has a bank account with money in it, but she can't remember her own last name apparently. I don't get that.

No and here is why:

Last summer I was at my parents house in a relatively normal neighborhood. Myself, my parents, and their neighbors were all standing around chatting like neighbors do when a gentlemen in pretty average clothes (not dirty or worn out) walked up and asked for change to catch a bus. We all blew him off and we went on his way or so we thought. About 20 minutes later he came back and asked again. When we all said no again he started to get a little heated like just because he asked we were supposed to oblige him. At this point my neighbor went off and started yelling at him that if he didn't leave he would call the cops so the man left.

Now knowing my neighbor all my life I have never seen him get this way toward anyone or raise his voice in any manner. When the stranger left our neighbor proceeded to tell us why the fact that the man asked for money set him off so bad. His answer was this.

Our neighbor is a sound engineer that has worked for some pretty big named acts, companies and venues. Pink Floyd, The stones, the Green Bay Packers are just some of the places he has worked. He proceeded to tell us that one time when he was on tour overseas with a dance company doing their sound he ran into a guy at a seaside beach bar in Spain. As it usually goes they started to make small talk and the topic of conversation lead to what brought them to Spain. Our neighbor explained that he was on tour and the other gentleman proceeded to tell him that he was on vacation. Now that would be normal except the man proceeded to tell my neighbor that every year he takes a two month "holiday to Europe" and pays for it solely from the profits generated from panhandling in his hometown city. I am not sure where it was exactly but it was a larger city.

From that point on my neighbor decided that he would never just willingly give money to complete strangers because you never know what that money will be used for and we can all agree that we would probably rather spend the money we give on ourselves than waste it on the vices of others.

Now don't get me wrong I have and do things like buy someone some food at the store and give it to them or I will make donations to charities. I have worked at homeless shelters and food pantries and I know that there are needy people that do need a hand but I will never just give out free money to anyone as I do not want to fund "trips to Europe."

Last edited:
Im right there with yall. Ive given money to some of the guys outside the clubs down town. People playin guitar, sax, or what not. Some of them are really good, and since I took the time to listen, I pay them.

Now the guys that walk between my car while Im standing at a red light...they piss me off. One of them walked over to me and said "Hey high rolla, spare a few bucks?" I glared at him and then I turned to my left and said "If you do not get your face out of my window, you are going to end up with a 9mm hole in it." (I actually carry a .40, but he got the idea)

I swear to GOD i cant stand those people. Im more tolerant of people that dont speak english outside the laundromat. At least they are looking for work...and they are rarely there past 10, cause they are doing something constructive.

I've got an interview to go to, so I cant finish my rant, but Im sure yall can see where this would go.

I used to. I used to even not have a problem with the Zombies. But then one day I asked one for a light and he got all pissed off.

so these people will only accept help into them. They will NEVER help anyone else out. So homeless or not, they are now cannon fodder for me.

just to clear things up a bit, not all homeless people are street preformers, as not all street preformers are homeless. Just because you don't work the typical 9-5 dosen't mean you don't work. just becuase you stand on the street entertaining people does not mean you don't work, entertaing people is work. I'd rather give some truly tallented person a couple of bucks to entertain me, than some hollywood no tallent schmuck 8 or 9 bucks a tickes to see a suck ass movie, and see them on inside edition walking around like there shit don't stink.

Not all Zombies are homeless, but all homeless are Zombies

I gave a man my take home boxes from restaurant food... but the last time I gave money to a 'homeless' man I saw him take off his coat and get into a BMW... so I decided never to do it again. I'll only give them food.

I donate United Way. They have a program called FISH which provides shelter, food, gas voucher's etc

but they do it the right way. Don't have a job? No gas voucher. Don't have a licence/auto insurance? No gas voucher etc

they have the best philosophy of any charity I've ever seen

"In America you have the right to make your own decisions, you also have the right to deal with the consequences of those actions"

Not all Zombies are homeless, but all homeless are Zombies

just like South Park you give them money and pretty soom your infested with more.:D

The people we have here arent homeless.........well the majority. Their just plain lazy sorry SOB's. Hell i met a guy i used to go to .........i met 2 guys i went to school with. pefectly healthy and capable. One was on drugs and other just plain lazy. It depends on my mood. If its a really really dirty looking bum,even if iknow he's a drinker i'll give him a buck or less. Anyone else and i say get lost.

We had a bum awhile back that had the sign,''why lie i need a beer'' on his carton. i would give him money anyday compared to those others.

I'll only give them food.

That's what I do. No money, but if I see a guy with a sign out I give them whatever food I've got on me... A burger, candy bar, whatever. I haven't run into any trouble from it yet, they've always been appreciative.

We had a bum awhile back that had the sign,''why lie i need a beer'' on his carton. i would give him money anyday compared to those others.

That's my only exception! I haven't seen one yet, but I'd give the honest ones tons of cash, like that one "Need money for beer, pot and hookers (Hey, at least I'm not bullshitting you!)" guy. :D

:lmao:

BLIT1230.JPG

Rufus the Stunt Bum FTMFW!!

Last edited:
Back