new email virus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
The email virus wandering around on the web is wrecking havoc with mail systems once again. Our HS mail servers have been updated and are protected from it, but most of you are not on hs mail ;) This virus will pretend to come from real email addresses, so even if you know the person, be wary. A side effect is that if someone outside the company has your email address and the virus on their system, the virus can pretend to be you. Then when a third person receives or rejects the virus filled email, the response will come back to you. The response may say you sent a virus. Don't be alarmed, you did not send the virus out. It should hopefully settle down in the next few days.

get norton... update yourself, and you'll be fine.

Yeah our school was freaking out today. THey were like no one is to access any email of any kind, blah blah blah...

yep... pif's are dos extentions

windows sucks.
lol

Hey i got an older version of Norton. Its 2000 v.6. I am using Windows XP, and i installed it tonight and seems to work fine. the only problem is that i can't use the autoprotect feature. You think this might be a problem? and will this older version be okay if i keep updating it?

Back